Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening is a lightweight moisturizer enriched with vitamin C to help brighten and even out skin tone for a healthier, more radiant complexion.
Vitamin C is a powerhouse skincare ingredient. It’s been proven to:
- Even out skin tone and texture
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten overall complexion, and more
It’s a great (and some would say, necessary) addition to your skincare routine.
While they’re probably the most popular, serums are not the only way to add vitamin C to your skin care routine.
If you have sensitive skin like me, starting with vitamin C moisturizers and creams is a good option to see how well your skin likes it. This helps build tolerance for beginners too.
What is Skin & Lab?
Skin & Lab is a Korean skincare company that formulates dermatologist-approved, research-based and hypoallergenic products.
They’re all about skin science solutions and started with vitamin creams — from A to C to K — that address different skin concerns. The company has since expanded to 5 product lines.
Benefits of Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening Cream
Their C Plus Brightening Cream contains:
- Vitamin C that brightens skin
- Acerola Extract that soothes UV-damaged skin
- And Coenzyme Q10, which provides elasticity to dull, tired skin
Skin Lab C Plus Brightening ingredients
Its full ingredient list is below (source):
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP, Copolymer, Bisabolol, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Fragrance(Parfum), Isohexadecane, Polysilicone-11, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ubiquinone, Polysorbate 80, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Disodium EDTA, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Manganese Gluconate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract
Other things to note about Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening moisturizer
- Packaging. This moisturizer comes in a 30-ml plastic tube.
- Smell. It has a very strong citrus smell. It sticks around for about a minute after application.
- Colour. This cream has a yellow tinge to it but applies clear.
- Texture and consistency. It’s light and very spreadable. It absorbs relatively quickly and leaves no sticky or greasy feeling.
- Contra-indications. Vitamin C is pretty safe and generally well-tolerated. However, try to avoid mixing it with retinoids and benzoyl peroxide in the same routine. And because vitamin C possesses mild exfoliating properties, avoid using physical and chemical exfoliators in the same routine as well.
- Morning use. When using vitamin C in the morning, make sure to follow up with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
How I use this Korean skin brightening cream
I use this skin brightening cream as my morning moisturizer in the summer months. It’s the last step in my routine, just before sunscreen.
I squeeze a few pea-sized dots of the product on my fingers, then gently spread it all over my face and neck.
What I like about this skin brightening cream
- Lightweight. This makes for a great summer moisturizer because it’s so lightweight. And since it already contains vitamin C, I’m able to simplify my morning routine, which is perfect on a hot humid day when I don’t really want tons of product on my face.
- Hydrating. It provides me with just the right amount of hydration. The product seems really thin but my skin doesn’t feel tight or dry at any point during the day. It doesn’t get greasy either.
- No irritation. I’ve been using this moisturizer for 2 summers now and have experienced no irritation.
- Smoother, brighter skin. After application, my face instantly feels smoother and looks brighter. The cream acts like a primer, almost. It goes well under sunscreen too.
- No oxidation. And because of how it’s packaged, I haven’t experienced oxidation, unlike serums in bottles that tend to oxidize fairly quickly.
What I don’t like about it
- Fragrance. I’m very sensitive to smells so this really bothered me in the beginning. I’m used to it by now but I really wished it was scent-free.
- Bigger size. I find the 30-ml tube so very small, compared to my other creams and moisturizers. It’s more of a travel size for me and it would be great if it came in a bigger size so I don’t run out of it so frequently.
- Vitamin C percentage. I also can’t determine how much vitamin C is in this product. While it’s not that big of a deal, it’d be nice to know so I can tell if my skin is building tolerance if I ever want to try a more intense serum.
Do I recommend Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
I really like Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening. It’s one of those products that are low key amazing.
While I only use it in the summer (it’s too lightweight to use in the colder months), I like how it makes my skin feel, how lightweight it is, that I get my dose of vitamin C with minimal effort.
I use several products that help me deal with uneven skin tone and texture, as well as overall skin brightening, so I can’t say that this moisturizer is 100% responsible for the improvements I see on my skin.
It’s fits nicely in my routine though and certainly helps.
If you’re looking to start using vitamin C in your skincare regimen and don’t want to jump into serums just yet, or live in a warm climate and want a lightweight moisturizer with vitamin C, this is a wonderful product to try.
You can buy it in the following places (affiliate links):
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Check out this vitamin C skincare guide for beginners if you want to learn more.
Have you tried Skin Lab C Plus Brightening cream? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!