Rovectin Clean Marine Micellar Deep Cleansing Water deep cleans without drying skin. Infused with marine plant extracts and sea salts, it thoroughly removes impurities; and deep sea water and hyaluronic acid to keep skin moisturized.
It’s hypoallergenic, has a 100% vegan formula and has a low pH which makes it suitable for all skin types.
What is micellar cleansing water?
Micellar cleansing water has been around for a while. It’s usually used as the first step in a double cleansing routine at night, or as a gentle cleanser in the morning.
What is it exactly?
This is an excellent explanation of what micellar water is (it even includes drawings!) but the simplest way to put it is: it’s essentially soapy water, but better.
First, it won’t irritate or dry your skin. Second, it’s mild and gentle yet powerful enough to effectively remove the day from your face, including dirt, makeup and oil.
It’s a good alternative to oil cleansers if your skin doesn’t like those.
Rovectin Clean Marine Micellar Deep Cleansing Water ingredients
Micellar water products are usually made of purified water, moisturizers like glycerin, and mild surfactants, which are compounds used for cleansing.
This one from Rovectin is formulated with the following (source):
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sea Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sea Salt, Hyaluronic Acid, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sodium Chloride, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Propanediol, Cellulose Gum, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Codium Fragile Extract, Disodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Hizikia Fusiforme Extract, Laminaria Cloustoni Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract
Other things to know
- Packaging. It comes in a generous 400ml / 14 fl oz clear, eco-friendly plastic bottle.
- Fragrance. It doesn’t have added fragrance but does smell nice and fresh upon application.
- Texture and Consistency. Being a water cleanser, this product is obviously clear and watery. No stinging, very mild and light.
How I use Rovectin micellar water
I use Rovectin micellar water as my first cleanser at night. I take a cotton pad and soak it with the product. Then – as gentle as possible – I wipe the cotton all over my face and neck.
The cotton pad must be soaked. And best to use good quality cotton pads that won’t irritate your skin.
What I like about Rovectin Clean deep cleansing water
- Mild and gentle. I love how gentle this product is. I had my doubts about micellar water (remember, soapy water?) but this product doesn’t irritate my skin at all.
- Soft and smooth. It also leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth after. No tightness or dryness. It doesn’t leave any kind of filmy or greasy residue either.
What I don’t like about it
- Cotton use. It can’t be helped with facial cleansers like this, but I don’t like that it has to be applied with cotton. I prefer using my fingertips when cleansing or when applying skincare products like toners and serums. I tend to be heavy-handed so no matter how gentle I do it, I feel like I’m unnecessarily pulling and tugging on my skin when I’m using a cotton pad.
- Deep cleanse? I also don’t get that deeply cleansed feeling after using micellar water. I do see dirt and makeup on the cotton pad so I know my face is clean. My complexion just looks brighter and feels fresher when using oil cleansers like DHC or balm cleansers like I’m From Fig Cleansing Balm.
Do I recommend Rovectin Clean Marine Micellar Deep Cleansing Water?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 3 for me.
Rovectin Clean Marine Micellar Deep Cleansing Water is a good cleanser. I just prefer the more luxurious cleanse that I get from oil cleansers and balm cleansers. And I personally would rather not use cotton on my face if it can be avoided.
My sensitive skin appreciates the gentle, hydrating formula though. And this product is perfect for days when I have very little product on and an oil cleanser feels like too much.
Another great use I’ve found for it — deep cleansing my neck, which I don’t always get to do when I’m double cleansing with an oil.
So it’s really not the product; it’s just not what I’m looking for.
However, it might be the perfect product for your skincare needs. Especially if oil cleaners tend to clog your pores. And you prefer a lighter cleanser. Check it out!
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2021.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried Rovectin Clean Marine Micellar Deep Cleansing Water? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!