Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Cream is a lightweight, gentle moisturizer from Rovectin’s Clean Line. Made with 75% Lotus Water extract, it not only hydrates but helps you achieve clearer, younger looking skin as well.
If you’ve been following The Skin Experiment for a while (thanks!), you’d know that not only am I big fan of k-beauty and Asian skincare products; I’ve also become such a big fan of Rovectin.
Their story is inspiring, their philosophy is based on science, and every product I’ve tried so far has transformed my skin for the better.
So I have a cleanser, an essence, a serum and a sunscreen.
I’ve tried their Cica Care Sleeping Pack and while it’s a great moisturizer, I find it too sticky and heavy for daily use.
Which is why I was so excited to receive this Lotus Water Cream from their Clean Line for review. I’ve heard so many good things. Let’s get to it.
What is Rovectin’s Clean Line?
Rovectin’s Skin Essentials Aqua Enriched Line is all about hydration and soothing dry and damaged skin with hyaluronic acid. Their Cica Care Line is for soothing and calming irritated skin using calamine and madecassoside.
Their Clean Line is made with sensitive skin in mind. It’s an extra gentle skincare line with simple ingredients sourced from nature. It’s also 100% vegan and eco-friendly.
Benefits of lotus water in skincare
Each product also tends to have a star ingredient. In this case, it’s lotus water or lotus extract (in product labels, it’s sometimes listed as nelumbo nucifera).
Lotus flowers are known for their self-purifying and self-cleansing abilities. If you’ve ever seen one, notice how beautifully they bloom in muddy and murky waters.
And this is what lotus water extract brings. It helps absorb toxins out of your skin to reveal clear and clean complexion.
- It contains kaempferol, a powerful antioxidant that protects skin from damage caused by free radicals
- Offers instant hydration
- And soothes skin irritation and redness
This Lotus Water Cream is made of a whopping 75% lotus water. The full ingredient list is below (source):
Nelumbo nucifera flower extract, glycerin, pentylene glycol, dipropylene glycol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, niacinamide, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, water, sodium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate, panthenol, cetearyl olivate, hydrogenated polydecene, sorbitan olivate, hydroxyacetophenone, hydroxyethylcellulose, allantoin, trideceth10, xylitylglucoside, anhydroxylitol, xylitol, glucose.
Other things to know
- Packaging. This product comes in a 60ml squeeze tube. Like their LHA Blemish Ampoule, the packaging has minimal text (better for recycling) and stickers are included in the box so you can customize however you want.
- Fragrance. This cream is fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. It is very lightweight and spreadable. Upon application, it sinks into the skin and absorbs quickly, leaving no greasy residue.
- Clean and Green. 100% vegan, hypoallergenic, toxin-free, cruelty-free, 100% free from parabens, artificial colorants, artificial fragrances, mineral oil, and steroids.
- Skin Type. This is recommend for all skin types — dry, normal, sensitive, combination, oily — but especially for those who are dealing with dryness and dullness.
How to use
I use this lotus cream at the last step of my evening skincare routine and before sunscreen in the morning.
Rovectin recommends applying a small amount on your palm then gently applying on skin. I prefer to dot small amounts (no bigger than pea-sized) all over my face and neck then spreading those out.
If I need more, I simply add more to areas that need it.
What I like about this product
- Fragrance-Free. You know I’m a big fan of fragrance-free skincare products and happily this cream has no scent at all.
- Hydrating. This lotus cream is surprisingly very hydrating. I had my doubts because of how lightweight it is but my skin felt soft and supple all day even on a cold winter day. And when I use it at night, my skin feels lovely when I wake up the next day. I do apply more when I feel like my skin needs it but it never feels thick or heavy on my skin.
- Soft Smooth Skin. Love how my skin feels soft and smooth after application. It also gives it a nice, healthy, dewy finish that I like.
- Gentle and Hypoallergenic. My skin hasn’t had a bad reaction to this cream. Skin is clear and free of breakouts. It also plays nicely with the other products in my routine.
- Multi-tasking. Like all Rovectin products, I love that this moisturizer multi-tasks. It doesn’t just moisturize and hydrate. It also absorbs damaging toxins out of your skin for a clearer and cleaner complexion. And the antioxidant kaempferol helps restore balance and delivers anti-aging properties.
What I don’t like about it
I really don’t have anything to nitpick about this product. I don’t get the stickers, I feel they’re unnecessary, but that won’t stop me from buying this lotus face cream.
Do I recommend?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me.
This is a really good moisturizer for sensitive skin folks like me, especially those who also want clearer complexion and has anti-aging concerns.
First, it didn’t break me out which is a common problem for me and my sensitive skin when trying new products.
Second, it’s so lightweight but don’t let that fool you. You almost don’t feel this on your skin however, it’s surprisingly very hydrating. Non-greasy, not sticky, just proper hydration.
I can see myself using this year round so it’s definitely giving my go-to moisturizer (Hada Labo moisturizer) serious competition.
Try and see if it works for you!
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
Looking for a toner to complement this moisturizer? Check out Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Calming Toner.
Here are more options if you’re looking for lightweight moisturizers.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried a lotus moisturizer? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!