Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Calming Toner contains 40% lotus water that helps purifies skin and 7 layers of hyaluronic acid and xylitol for deep, soothing hydration.
Rovectin is a Korean skincare brand known for “developing high quality skincare products with restorative qualities and ingredients inspired by nature”.
Personally, I’m a big fan. Almost every Rovectin product I’ve tried and tested has been amazing.
In fact, one of my go-to moisturizers is their Lotus Water Cream so I was very excited to try their new lotus toner.
Ingredients and skin benefits
According to Rovectin, this Lotus Water Calming Toner helps purifies skin from fine dust and harmful pollutants. Its gentle formulation also helps the skin absorb it quickly and without leaving a sticky feeling.
Its active ingredients include (source):
|Lotus Flower Water (Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water)||Gently calms irritated skin and helps revitalize skin for a more vibrant look.|
|Aquaxyl||Prevents moisture loss by building a firm and healthy moisture barrier.|
|7 Layer Hyaluronic Acid||A natural moisturizing factor (NMF) that fully hydrates and locks in moisture from inside out.|
|Cynanchum Atratumextract||Helps soothe and cool down irritated skin with its anti-inflammatory properties.|
|Butylene Glycol / Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract||Instantly calms and soothes acne-prone and agitated skin.|
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water(392,000ppm), Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Nelumbonucifera Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Root Extract, Glyceryl Glucoside, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Glucose, Allantoin, Juniperus Mexicana oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hyaluronate, Cynanchum Atratumextract, Magnolia Kobus Bark Extract, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hyaluronate, C12-14 pareth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate
Other things to know
- Packaging. This comes in a generous 200-ml plastic bottle.
- Smell. It’s also fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. This toner has a very light consistency, much lighter than a lot of the other toners I’ve tried. It almost feels like water.
- Application. It’s easy to apply and absorbs relatively quickly.
- Skin Type. Rovectin recommends this for all skin types, especially those dealing with sensitive skin, dryness, dark spots, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Clean and Green. In addition to being hypoallergenic, this toner is also vegan, toxin-free, cruelty-free, free from parabens, artificial colorants, artificial fragrances, mineral oil, and steroids.
- Expiration. It’s best to use this product within 12 months of opening.
How to use
Unlike other toners which you can simply pat into your face with your hands, Rovectin recommends using a cotton pad when using this product.
After cleansing, soak a cotton pad with toner then gently wipe outwards to remove excess dirt and impurities.
I used it day and night.
What I like about this product
- Lightweight. Though my skin felt a little sticky right after applying this toner, that went away very quickly and I didn’t feel any heaviness or greasiness all day. Also, my skin wasn’t greasy or excessively dry when I wake up in the morning.
- Hydrating. I used this in the summer months through to the early winter months and it provided just the right amount of hydration my skin needed.
- Gentle. This toner is incredibly gentle. I’ve finished a bottle (lasted a few months) and have not had a breakout due to it at all.
What I don’t like about it
- No noticeable effect. When I use other toners, my skin immediately feels softer, smoother, calmer and more vibrant. Unfortunately, I don’t get that here. No instant happy feelings after application. And after going through a bottle, I didn’t notice a significant change in my complexion either.
- Application. I personally don’t like products that I need to use a cotton pad for. I feel I’m unnecessarily pulling at my skin and helping it age faster. Is that crazy? In any case, I prefer toners I can apply with my hands.
Do I recommend?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 3 for me.
Which means to say that Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Calming Toner is not a bad product. Not at all.
But I’m really not that impressed and I didn’t find a compelling reason to re-purchase after my bottle ran out.
There are better toners out there in my opinion and if you want to stick to the Rovectin brand, I’d recommend their Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion, which is an excellent toner-essence combo.
Who I think this Rovectin toner would be great for are those struggling with extra sensitive skin, or those who are just starting out in their skincare journey and want something very gentle to try.
This product would be perfect for them. Unfortunately, it’s just not for me.
Click this link to check it out at Wishtrend [affiliate link].
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Rovectin Lotus Water Calming Toner? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!