Rovectin Clean Forever Young Biome Ampoule is a multi-tasking serum that moisturizes, revitalizes complexion and helps keep skin healthy and youthful.
So I was very excited to try one of their newer products, the Forever Young Biome Ampoule.
Their LHA Blemish Ampoule worked wonders for my skin so to say that my expectations were very high is an understatement!
Let’s get to it.
What does this ampoule do
This ampoule makes big promises.
- Restores the skin barrier
- Provides deep hydration
- Reduces fine lines
- Calms irritated skin
- Improves uneven skin tone
And it can do all this because it’s formulated with 7 layers of their Dual Biome Complex —Prebiotics and Probiotics (source):
|Lactobacillus Ferment||Keeps skin barrier firm and healthy, and helps revitalize skin for a more youthful complexion|
|Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract||Stimulates skin immunity|
|Bifida Ferment Lysate||Protects skin from UV rays and provides gentle exfoliation for a more radiant and even skin tone|
|Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate & Lactococcus Ferment Lysate||Helps treat signs of aging|
|Xylose & Fructooligosaccharides||Polysaccharide of prebiotics that feeds probiotics|
|Anastatica Hierochuntica Extract (Rose of Jericho)||Provides long lasting moisture to the skin|
|Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract||Helps calm irritated skin and improves uneven skin tone|
The full ingredient list is below:
Water, Lactobacillus Ferment, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Anastatica Hierochuntica Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Xylose, Sucrose, Panthenol, Adenosine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Tromethamine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sodium Phytate, Tocopherol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fructooligosaccharides, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA
Other things to know
- Packaging. This comes in a 50-ml glass bottle with a dropper. Like other Rovectin Clean products, the packaging is clean and simple.
- Smell. I don’t notice any fragrance when applying this serum.
- Colour. The products is cloudy white out of the bottle but applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This is thicker and more viscous than I was expecting. In fact it’s so thick that when you place the dropper back into the bottle, the product would overflow, no matter how carefully you screw the dropper back on.
- Application. It’s sticky upon application but it absorbs fairly quickly.
- Skin Type. Rovectin recommends this for all skin types (dry, normal, oily), especially those dealing with dryness and dullness, fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. It’s also hypoallergenic so it’s safe to use on sensitive skin.
- Clean and Green. In addition to being hypoallergenic, this ampoule is also toxin-free, cruelty-free, 100% free from parabens, artificial colorants, artificial fragrances, mineral oil, and steroids.
- Expiration. It’s best to use this product within 12 months of opening.
How to use Rovectin Clean Forever Young Biome Ampoule
I use this product after applying toner. It can be used morning and evening but I only use it at night.
I have several serums in my routine and as a general rule, I apply them from thinnest to thickest consistency so this ampoule is applied last, before moisturizer.
One drop directly on each cheek and one on my neck. I then gently spread and tap with my fingertips to help absorption.
What I like about this product
- Lightweight. Despite the initial sticky feeling, this serum absorbs fairly quickly and feels lightweight.
- Gentle. It’s nice and gentle too. I’ve almost finished my bottle and haven’t had any bad reactions.
What I don’t like about it
- Packaging. I’m very frustrated with the packaging. Every time I put the dropper back on, the bottle overflows and I end up losing precious product. And it doesn’t even matter that the bottle is not full anymore. It just overflows every time.
- Not very hydrating. I also found that this isn’t as hydrating as other serums I’ve tried. I usually notice an immediate plumping and softening of my skin, too, but not so much with this one.
- No noticeable effect. And after all this time, I really haven’t noticed an improvement as far as anti-aging is concerned. I used this product longer than usual before I wrote a review because I wanted to give it time to work but almost 3 months in, I just don’t see a noticeable difference.
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 1 for me.
I’m really disappointed with this serum. Doubly so because it comes from a brand that’s been so effective for me.
I really wanted to like this product. It just didn’t work for me.
I’ve read so many great reviews about this, though. In fact, it’s a 5-star product on Wishtrend.
I think since I’m in my 40s, I need a harder-working anti-aging serum. And because I live in Canada, I need a more intensely hydrating product.
Or maybe it’s as simple as my skin doesn’t like it.
I will finish my bottle but sadly won’t re-purchase.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2022.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Rovectin Clean Forever Young Biome Ampoule? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!