Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion is a 2-in-1 toner essence formulated with all the good stuff — from hyaluronic acid to niacinamide to caffeine — that delivers intense hydration, improves uneven skin tone, smoothens skin and more.
When I found out that Rovectin’s Clean LHA Blemish Ampoule is formulated with 5 kinds of hyaluronic acid, I was impressed. But guess what? Their Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion has 7. Consider me blown away!
This means this toner-essence combo is able to provide powerful hydration, get deeper into our skin, helps our skin stay moisturized for longer, and just essentially does all the magic things to repair and protect our skin’s moisture barrier.
And it doesn’t stop there. Like their Aqua Soothing UV Protector, this product multi-tasks. In addition to hyaluronic acid, this Activating Treatment Lotion has so much more goodness packed into every single drop of product that help enhance the overall condition of our skin. Let’s find out more.
Rovectin Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion ingredients
In addition to the 7 kinds of hyaluronic acid, Rovectin Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion also contains (source):
- Trehalose — a natural extract that increases skin’s ability to hold moisture
- Caffeine — firms skin and reduces puffiness
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) — a humectant that improves hydration, reduces inflammation and accelerates healing of epidermal wounds
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) — a water-soluble vitamin that works with the natural substances in skin to help visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness
The complete ingredient list is below:
Water, glycerin, methyl gluceth-20, pentylene glycol, butylene glycol, niacinamide, sorbitol, adenosine, caffeine, sodium hyaluronate, allantoin, panthenol, arginine, hyaluronic acid, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, centella asiatica extract, glycine soja (soybean) sprout extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, 1,2-hexanediol, sodium pca, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, hydroxyethylcellulose, trehalose, sodium polyglutamate, hydroxypropyltrimonium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, potassium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, disodium edta
Benefits of using Rovectin Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion
All these ingredients work together to
- Provide intense hydration and gentle exfoliation
- Lift dead skin cells to repair and restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier
- Improve uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles
- Soothe and smoothen rough skin texture
Other things to know
- Packaging. All these amazing things are packed into a 180-ml hard plastic, see-through bottle. You can also buy it in a smaller 100-ml travel size.
- Fragrance. This essence is fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. It’s thicker and more gel-like in consistency than other toners and essences I’ve tried but easily spreadable. It also absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel sticky or heavy.
- Clean and Green. Like all Rovectin products, this toner/essence is oil-free, alcohol-free, paraben-free, carcinogen-free, has no animal-derived ingredients, cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, artificial flavours-free, mineral-oil free, steroid-free and artificial pigments-free.
- Skin Type. This product is recommended for all skin types.
How I use Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion
I’m used to using a toner and an essence but via separate products, so it was a little strange to use just this one product for both steps.
Anyway, to start, I used this alone. At night, after cleansing, before serums. And in the morning, after cleansing before vitamin C.
I slowly added back my normal essence at night though (because I can’t help myself) and my skin is tolerating both so far.
Because this product is relatively thick and viscous, 3 drops are enough for my face. I apply it using my fingers, spreading it around then gently tapping it onto my face for better absorption.
Even though it’s absorbed quickly, I wait a couple of minutes before moving to the next step of my routine just to give my skin a little more time to fully absorb and maximize the effects of the product.
What I like about this Rovectin serum
- Fragrance-free. A skincare product that’s fragrance-free always scores big points with me because I believe a product doesn’t need fragrance to be effective. And I’m happy to report this product has no scent at all.
- Gentle and very hydrating. It is so gentle. I have sensitive skin and I haven’t had a bad reaction. What I’ve noticed is how soft and smooth my skin feels after application. So that’s what 7 kinds of hyaluronic acid feels like! It absorbs quickly too. Even though it’s a gel, there’s no sticky residue and it feels super lightweight on my skin.
- Multi-tasking. I love that this product multi-tasks. I can’t tell yet what effects this product would have on my fine lines and wrinkles but if the improved brightness and smoothness of my skin is any indication, I think it will go well! And I’m excited to find out.
- Little goes a long way. I also appreciate that I don’t need a lot of product, unlike other toners or essences where I need a significant amount because they’re thinner and more liquid-y.
What I don’t like about it
You can already tell I’m a big fan but like their Skin Essentials Conditioning Cleanser, my only gripe about this product is the packaging.
The bottle is so transparent it is virtually impossible to read what’s written on the back.
No big deal though. You can always just come back here and read all about it 🙂
Do I recommend Rovectin Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is definitely a 5 for me.
This toner/essence is gentle enough to use everyday, morning and evening. It works well with my other skincare products.
More importantly, my skin feels amazing after every application. I’ve used many different products that make my skin feel smooth and soft but this is by far the best one.
I’m still using it as a toner but I suspect when my essence runs out I will just stick to this toner-essence combo.
Try and see if it works for you!
Click this link >> to buy Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion from Wishtrend.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
And practice good skincare habits always.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
10 thoughts on “Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion Review”
I love this toner/essence, this is the best toner I have used till now and I will continua with this product only.
Hi Chicky, it’s great isn’t it? We like it very much too 🙂
i already tried it for one week and i love it! feels so good on my skin but the only cons is it kinda left my skin feeling a bit dry if i just apply a light gel cream on top of it but on days that i use heavier cream it works wonders.
but my current skin just recovered from fungal acne so i really want to avoid that heavy cream that got some fungal acne triggers so if maybe if anyone could recommend any fungal acne moisturizer with heavier texture?
Hi Aria, I personally can’t recommend any but hopefully someone can chime in!
I haven’t tried this product, but it looks like a great one to use! I get annoyed when I can’t read labels due to clear packaging, too. Lol.
I have not tried this yet, but after this review, I will! Thank you for recommending Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion! I can’t wait to get it for myself.
I have never tried Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion, but from what you have said I would love to try this x
Fascinating! Sounds like a great two-in-one product! Yeah, the clear packaging would drive me bonkers too, though.
I am here for anything fragrance free. Love your thoughtful and comprehensive review.
This sounds like it would be just what my skin needs. It gets dry so easily, so the moisturizing effect would be nice. And awesome that it’s two things in one, so you could skip a step if you are crunched for time.