Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream delivers deep and long-lasting hydration, and protects and strengthens the skin barrier, all while keeping skin feeling light, fresh and perfectly balanced.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Millford but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!)
I love discovering new skincare brands. The more companies coming out with exceptional skin care products, the better!
Millford is a new K-skincare brand that consider themselves cheerleaders in our skincare journey. They offer products that help us achieve the healthy, glowing skin we deserve.
They carry four skincare lines, each one targeting a specific skin concern, from troubled skin to premature aging.
The product I’m reviewing today is part of their Hydrating – Love Your Skin Line. And the timing couldn’t have come at a better time.
Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream benefits
We get pretty harsh winters here in Canada and finding the right moisturizer is important. Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream promises:
- Intense moisture. This cream penetrates deep into the skin and through every pore to ensure proper hydration is achieved and retained.
- Skin barrier. It also protects the skin barrier from harsh weather, as well as pollution. A healthy skin barrier helps skin maintain elasticity and prevents rapid moisture loss.
- Soothes and calms. As a bonus, it also helps soothe and calm skin from irritation.
Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream ingredients
This cream is formulated with powerful anti-drying ingredients like:
- Panthenol – a moisturizer and humectant
- Betaine – a naturally derived ingredient that acts as both a humectant and anti-irritant
- Arginine – an amino acid that helps protect the skin from free radicals, increases the skin’s visible hydration levels, and also known to support collagen production
The full ingredient list below (source):
Water, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Betaine, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium AcryloyldimethylTaurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Arginine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Citrus Limon (Lemon) peel oil
Other things to know
- Packaging. Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream comes in an 80-ml tub with a screw-on cap. No applicator or spatula is provided. The tub looks and feels study and I must say I love the packaging. It looks very happy and cheerful!
- Smell. This cream is fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. This moisturizer is luxuriously smooth and creamy. If you put on the proper amount (more on this below), it’s lightweight, doesn’t feel sticky or greasy, and absorbs fairly quickly.
- Spreadability. It’s also incredibly spreadable. A little goes a long way.
- Skin Type. This cream is recommended for all skin types as it’s very easy to layer depending on what your skin needs. I personally think it might be too hydrating for oily skin though.
- Others. According to Millford, this cream is made of 100% safe ingredients and cruelty-free.
How to use this daily hydrating cream
I’ve been using this cream in my morning and evening routines.
In the morning, I put it on before sunscreen. And in the evenings, it’s the last step in my skincare regimen.
I dot a very small amount of product all over my face and neck and gently spread. I also pat to help absorption.
What I like about Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream
- Luxurious to use. I’m a big fan of skin care products that make my routine feel like spa day and this cream fits right in. It’s so smooth and creamy and a joy to use.
- So spreadable. It’s also extremely spreadable so it’s best to start with a very thin layer and just apply more if you think you need it.
- Lightweight. Applied properly, this cream feels light and fresh on skin.
- Very hydrating. And even though I only apply a thin layer of product, it delivers just the right amount of hydration I need. I’ve used it on chilly days when I’m outdoors, and my skin never felt tight or dry (I’m a combination-dry in the colder months). And when used at night, my skin still feels smooth and supple the next day.
- Plays well with other products. And it plays nicely with the other products in my skincare routine as well. I’ve used it in my The Ordinary regimen for aging and mature skin, after Melano CC Vitamin C in the morning, and after exfoliating with Klairs Black Sugar Scrub at night.
- No irritation. I have sensitive skin and so far, so good. No breakouts or irritation.
What I don’t like about it
Because it’s so spreadable and hydrating, it’s really easy to put on too much.
I’ve had this happen a few times in the beginning and my face was so sticky, super heavy, and the product didn’t really absorb completely. It was not pleasant at all.
So make sure to learn from my mistake. Start slow, start small, and in time you’ll learn the perfect amount of moisturizer your skin needs.
Because if you put too much product, you’ll end up with a very heavy, very sticky situation.
Do I recommend Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me.
Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream is one of the most hydrating creams I’ve tried so far. The thinnest layer delivers deep and intense moisture without being heavy or greasy.
It’s luxuriously smooth and spreadable, looks high-end without breaking the bank, and doesn’t irritate my skin. All wins for me.
This will definitely become a winter staple and I think I’ll continue to use this until the spring too. I’ll just need to adjust the amount of product I apply.
If you’re in the market for a hydrating cream that’s gentle to use everyday, Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream is a great option. Whether it’s also winter where you are, or if you’re dealing with dry or combination skin, this cream is worth a try.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream or other Millford skincare products? Did they work for you? Will you recommend them? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!