Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask is an all-around multi-purpose cream that brightens, hydrates and helps protect skin from premature aging.
Klairs’ Freshly Juiced Line is all about skin brightening.
Their Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50 protects skin from harmful UV rays with a featherlight finish, no white cast, and it’s seriously one of the best sunscreens I’ve tried.
Their Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop contains 5% vitamin C to even out skin tone, tighten pores, brighten skin, and fade pigmentation.
This vitamin E mask, on the other hand, is formulated with 3 powerhouse skincare ingredients that help keep the skin bright and healthy — vitamin E, niacinamide, and adenosine.
Klairs vitamin E mask ingredients
Let’s dive straight into the ingredients (source).
- Vitamin E – soothes, softens and protects the skin from sun damage as well as premature aging.
- Niacinamide – controls excess sebum production for a more balanced complexion.
- Adenosine – strengthens the skin by promoting collagen synthesis. Also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties which makes it effective in wound healing and skin regeneration.
Full ingredient list below:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carrageenan, Gellan Gum, Betaine, Algin, Mannan, Ceramide NP, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Adenosine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Linalool, Limonene
Vitamin E used with vitamin C
Lots of good stuff right there but where vitamin E shines is when it’s used together with vitamin C.
Vitamin E helps in the absorption of vitamin C and together, they work to deliver impressive results in skin brightening, scarring reduction and overall skin elasticity.
These two ingredients work together to protect the skin against sun damage as well.
In fact according to Byrdie: when vitamin E is combined with vitamin C and used under sunscreen, it can provide four times the protection of sunscreen alone.
How to use Klairs Vitamin E Mask
You can use this product as your regular moisturizer in the morning, or apply a thicker layer and use it as a sleeping pack overnight.
I use it as part of my everyday morning routine. And right now, it looks like this (I usually switch to a simpler routine and lighter-weight products in the warmer months):
- Cleanser (Rovectin Skin Essentials Conditioning Cleanser)
- Toner (Hada Labo Toner)
- Vitamin C (By Wishtrend Vitamin C)
- Serum (Polyphenols in Propolis 15 Ampoule)
- Vitamin E Mask
- Sunscreen (Biore Aqua Rich UV Watery Essence)
To apply, I scoop a sliver of product onto my palms, rub my palms together to slightly melt the cream, then gently pat my palms all over my face and neck.
I wait until my skin has a chance to absorb each product before moving on to the next step of my skincare routine.
For this mask, that means somewhere between 5-10 minutes before I can apply sunscreen.
Other things to note about this product
- Packaging. This mask is sold in 2 sizes: a 90-ml tub or a 15-ml mini.
- Smell. This moisturizer is fragrance-free.
- Skin types. This product is especially suited to dry skin or combination skin. I have sensitive skin and it works for me as well. It might be a little too heavy for oily skin although the niacinamide would definitely help to control excess sebum.
- Texture and consistency. I must admit, this is the strangest texture of cream I’ve seen. Unlike the Klairs Fundamental Water Gel Cream which is luxuriously creamy, this Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask is pudding-like. The product won’t stick to your finger if you dip it in the tub. And you can’t just haphazardly scoop it out either. You’ll need to find your specific kind of way to successfully scoop it out using the provided spatula (mine is scooping it towards the side and sliding it up).
- Application. I found it ridiculously hard to apply this mask at first. It’s so thick and heavy out of the tub it was super difficult to spread. However, I discovered that rubbing the cream between my palms first then gently patting my palms over my face works really well.
- A little goes a long way. You don’t need a lot of product. A little goes a long way, especially if you’re using it in the morning. If using at night, Klairs recommends mixing a small amount of product to an essence or cream to use as a sleeping pack when your skin is feeling extra dry.
What I like about Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask
- Very hydrating. Even with my rub and pat method, and even using minimal product (less than pea-sized, really just a sliver), this vitamin E mask hydrates my skin and helps make my skin feel soft and smooth all day. It’s almost winter here and I’ve never needed to re-apply this moisturizer, even when we go out on a very cold day.
- Dewy finish. It also gives a lovely, dewy, healthy glow to my skin. The other products in my routine has that effect too and I’m happy this cream doesn’t mask that.
- Will last a while. Like I said, I use and need very little product so a 90-ml tub will last me until spring and beyond.
- No irritation. After almost a month of using this vitamin E mask everyday, I have had no irritation or bad reactions. And it complements the rest of my routine so well.
What I don’t like about it
- Application. In general, I prefer using my fingers vs. using a spatula to scoop a product from a tub because (1) I can control the amount of product better and (2) I tend to lose the spatula on day 3. That I have to use a spatula for this is personally a little maddening. It also means I have to keep the tub in the box it came in as well, so that I have somewhere to keep the freaking spatula and not lose it.
- Sticky. This mask feels very sticky on my skin until it’s fully absorbed.
- Absorption. And how long that takes really depends on how cold or warm it is that day. Anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes. Not sure how heavy this will feel in the warmer months.
Do I recommend Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
Despite the spatula or the stickiness or the waiting time, the fact that this cream keeps my skin soft, smooth and hydrated all day on a cold Canadian winter day is a big deal.
And this mask delivers so much brightening and anti-aging benefits it fits nicely into my skincare routine.
Yes, I might switch to a lighter product in the summer and no I won’t use this at night because I tend to wake up a little oily and I don’t want to exacerbate that situation.
But for right now, this vitamin E mask is a godsend; I will keep using it together with my vitamin C and propolis in the morning.
And seriously, I’m finding the vitamin C + propolis + vitamin E regimen to be an awesome skincare combo especially for sensitive, acne-prone, mature skin like mine. Check out my reviews!
Want to see if this is the right product for you?
You can buy Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask at Wishtrend >> by clicking this link.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until January 31, 2021.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! And practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried this mask? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!