Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum is a hydrating serum that deeply moisturizes, soothes, and calms skin. And it has a featherlight finish that will give you smooth, radiant skin all day.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum is part of the brand’s Rich Moist Soothing line.
This is the first product I’m trying from this line; I’m already a big fan of the Klairs Toner from their Supple Preparation Line and their Midnight Blue Calming Cream from their Blue Line.
Let’s see if this product delivers.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum benefits
Klairs believes that hydration is the foundation of good, healthy skin. And this serum claims to:
- Replenish skin’s moisture levels while maintaining a lightweight finish (perfect under makeup and suncreen)
- Lower skin temperature as it hydrates and cools the skin
- Soothe and calm sensitive skin
- Give skin a lovely, radiant glow that lasts all day
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum ingredients
To be able to do this, Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum is packed with the skincare ingredients we love, like:
- Hyaluronic Acid, a humectant that draws water to our skin and helps prevent and defend it against moisture loss, and
- Centella Asiatica Extract, known to have potent antioxidant properties, a great source of amino acids, and soothes and calms irritated skin
Here’s the full ingredient list (source):
Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Betaine, Natto Gum, Propanediol, Polyquaternium-51, Disodium EDTA, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Carbomer, Arginine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lysine HCL, Proline, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Panthenol, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Beta-Glucan, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Apium Graveolens (Celery) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Brassica Rapa (Turnip) Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Linalool, Limonene
Other things to know
- Packaging. The serum comes in an 80-ml hard plastic bottle with a pump.
- Scent. It has a very subtle, almost imperceptible smell, which I can’t quite identify. It’s herbal-lemony almost, but not unpleasant, and goes away quickly.
- Colour. The product comes out and applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This is thicker than most serums I’ve tried; its texture reminds me of CosRx Snail Mucin Essence, but not as slimy. More gel-like than watery but very spreadable.
- Skin Type. While this product will work for all skin types, Klairs specifically recommends this serum for dry itchy skin, unbalanced acne prone skin, easily heated red skin, and sensitive skin.
How to use Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum
I use this product two ways.
(1) As a serum, applied after cleansing and toner stage, before moisturizer.
I’ve tried it morning and evening but mostly at night. I pump 2-3 drops (depending on how dry my skin feels that day) onto my fingers then spread and gently pat all over my face and neck.
(2) As a moisturizer, applied before sunscreen.
I apply the product twice, i.e. wait until the first application has completely absorbed then I apply the same amount of product again.
I usually layer this product in the morning, on warm humid days, and follow up with a lightweight sunscreen like Biore Aqua Rich UV Watery Essence.
What I like about Klairs soothing serum
- Lightweight. Although this serum is thick and gel-like, it absorbs relatively quickly. It feels slightly sticky upon application but that’s gone once the product fully absorbs. And even though I apply a double layer of this on my skin, it doesn’t feel heavy or greasy at any point during the day.
- Soft and smooth. This product also makes my skin feel soft, smooth and supple.
- Hydrating. It’s also very moisturizing and hydrating. I tend to have combination oily skin in the warmer months but do get dry patches of skin sometimes and this serum helps with that. It’s hydrating enough too that it often replaces my moisturizer on a hot day.
- Gentle. I have sensitive skin as well but I’ve had no bad reaction to this soothing serum and I’ve been using it for almost 2 months.
What I don’t like about it
- Is it necessary? While I like swapping out and testing different kinds of skincare products to find the best one for my skin, I just wasn’t sure where this serum fits in my skin care routine. As a hydrating serum, it essentially delivers the same benefit as my toners, essences and moisturizers. I don’t know if this product is necessary at all.
- No cooling or soothing effect. The product claims to have a soothing and cooling effect, which I don’t really feel when using it.
Do I recommend this product?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 2 for me when used as a serum.
It’s a good hydrating product but I want my serums to be harder-working. Providing hydration is simply not enough. I don’t need another hydrating product in my routine when my toners and essences already do a great job at that.
However, where this serum shines is when I use it as a lightweight moisturizer on a hot, humid, summer day.
It provides just the perfect amount of hydration without making my skin oily or greasy. And yes, it lasts all day. So I’m giving it a 5 for that.
It will be too light to use in the colder months but I find it amazing on my skin on a summer day.
So it really depends on what your skin needs are. Are you looking for a hydrating serum for sensitive skin? Or for a lightweight moisturizer for summer?
Click this link to buy Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum at Wishtrend.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
If you’re looking for deeper hydration, check out Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream. It’s from the same product line and provides immediate, longer-laster hydration.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! And check out these bad skincare habits you can break today for clear, healthy, youthful skin.
Have you tried Klairs Moist Soothing Serum? How do you like it? What’s your favourite skin care product? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
3 thoughts on “Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum Review”
Ooooh, I love things that moisturize my skin, especially now. I have to try Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum as it sounds like it does the job well!
Not every product is a win I feel like serums are super hit or miss. I either love them or hate them!
I like the idea that it is one product for two different steps, but I don’t think this would work with my skin type.