Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream provides immediate and long-lasting moisture that helps restore and protect skin’s natural barrier for healthier, more youthful skin.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream is part of the brand’s Rich Moist Soothing line.
I reviewed Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum a few weeks ago and found that it worked great as a summer moisturizer for my skin, which switches from combination-dry in the colder months to combination-oily in the warmer months.
This soothing cream is formulated to provide a much deeper hydration that lasts longer and helps your skin feel smoother, softer and look more radiant.
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream benefits
In addition to providing immediate and long-lasting moisture, this soothing cream also:
- Supports and strengthens skin’s natural moisture barrier, which provides critical protection for our skin by acting as its first layer of defence against environmental stressors, germs, bacteria and other irritants
- Helps improve our skin’s natural skin cell repairing capabilities
- And for heated skin, it lowers the temperature to reduce redness and diminish the appearance of pores
Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream ingredients
It accomplishes all these through its fairly long ingredient list. Some standouts include:
- Beta-Glucan — provides deep hydration, smoothens skin and boosts skin’s natural barrier (source)
- Ceramides — help lock moisture in and prevent dryness and irritation. They’re also known to have anti-aging benefits (source)
And other moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and jojaba seed oil.
Full ingredient list below (source):
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Microcrystalline Wax, Betaine, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Arginine, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Citric Acid, Beta-Glucan, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-51, Apium Graveolens (Celery) Extract, Brassica Rapa (Turnip) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lysine HCl, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Proline, Palmitic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Algin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Natto Gum, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil
Other things to know
- Packaging. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream comes in an 80-ml plastic tube with a screw-on cap. It’s also available in a 20-ml miniature.
- Scent. Others claim to smell a slightly lemony, fresh scent from this product but I don’t really smell anything upon application.
- Colour. The cream is milky white but applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This moisturizer feels thin out of the packaging but is surprisingly rich and creamy upon application.
- Skin Type. It’s recommended for all skin types and will especially benefit sensitive skin and dry skin.
How to use Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
When used in the morning, I apply Klairs cream right before applying sunscreen. In the evening, it’s the last step in my skincare routine.
I squeeze a small amount of product on my fingertips and dot it all over my face and neck, then spread it around.
What I like about this Klairs moisturizer
- Luxurious. This cream feels so luxurious to apply. Velvety smooth and very spreadable.
- Soft and smooth. Once my skin has absorbed the product, it feels soft, smooth and properly hydrated. There’s no sticky residue.
- Hydrating. Whatever the weather’s like, my skin feels smooth and hydrated the whole day when I use this cream in the morning.
- Gentle. Having sensitive skin, I’m always wary about using new products but this cream has been great on my skin. No break outs or irritation at all.
What I don’t like about it
- Sticky and heavy. While my skin feels great after, this cream does take a while to fully absorb into the skin and feels very sticky and heavy in the meantime. Even if I apply a very thin layer or it’s a cool day, it takes several minutes for the cream to sink in.
- No cooling or soothing effect. And the product claims to have a soothing and cooling effect, which I don’t really feel when using it. If I want immediate calming and soothing, I reach for Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream.
- Essential oils. While this cream was formulated specifically for sensitive skin, it does contain essential oils, which some people might have a bad reaction to. I didn’t, but it’s something to keep in mind.
Do I recommend this product?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
I started using this cream in the spring through the early days of summer and I just found it too heavy for my skin. I switch to lightweight moisturizers when the weather gets warmer and this is just not lightweight enough for me.
I do think it will be amazing in the colder months. So I’m keeping this at the back of my stash for now and will bring it out again in the fall. Will see what happens and update my rating then.
(Update: I’ve been using this all winter and it has been amazing. My skin stays hydrated all day. I’ve updated my rating from 3 to 4).
My combination-oily skin needs something lighter this time of the year but if your skin is on the drier side, this product might do wonders.
Ultimately, whether you love or don’t love this soothing cream depends on your skin type. It’s a good, high quality product though, just the kind you’d expect from Klairs.
Click this link to buy Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream at Wishtrend.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
If you’re looking for lightweight but deeply hydrating cream, check out COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream. It’s gentle on skin too.
Aloe vera oil is also a great natural moisturizing option that you can make at home.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! And check out these bad skincare habits you can stop doing today for clear, healthy, youthful skin.
Have you tried Klairs Moist Soothing Cream? How do you like it? What’s your favourite skin care product? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
4 thoughts on “Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream Review”
This sounds like a really fabulous skin cream! I would love to buy this if it ever comes to Japan because I really need a moisturizer.
LOVE how honest your review is! I agree when a cream has no cooling or is sticky and heavy it is not great at all x
Essential oils don’t bother me as almost all of my beauty products are made from EOs. But the thick and heavy feeling would be a problem for sure. And that’s a really long list of ingredients!
Sometimes I am super mediocre on products too! It sounds worth a try though.