Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has a gentle soothing and calming formula that helps keep irritation, redness, and sensitivity at bay. Read on and let’s find out if it deserves its cult following.
Dear, Klairs is a Korean skincare brand known for seeking out ingredients and raw materials best suited for sensitive skin.
And this blue calming cream fits right into that philosophy. It’s a naturally blue-tinted cream with carefully selected ingredients that soothes and calms irritated skin.
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream ingredients
Two main ingredients make this cream work so well:
Guaiazulene is a plant-based ingredient extracted from chamomile oil and because it’s naturally dark blue, it is what gives the product it’s lovely light blue colour. In addition, it has properties that calms redness and soothes irritation, which in turn help heal the skin.
It also contains centella asiatica extract, another powerful soothing ingredient. Also known as tiger grass, it promotes the regeneration of skin cells and fights scarring, making it suitable as an acne treatment as well.
The full ingredient list is below:
Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Ceramide NP, Polysorbate 60, Candelilla Cera, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Tromethamine, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Guaiazulene, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol
Other things to know
- Packaging. The Klairs midnight blue cream comes in 2 sizes — a 30ml tub and a 60ml squeeze tube. I’ve only ever purchased the 30ml tub because I feel it’s more cost efficient. I like that I can get to every last drop of the product. The tub itself, although small, feels heavy, well-made and at par with some of the higher-end creams in the market.
- Fragrance. This product is fragrance-free.
- Colour. I don’t know about you but I love that’s it’s blue. And it’s not an artificial blue either — that’s not the Klairs way. It’s like that because guaiazulene is naturally indigo. Don’t worry though; it applies and dries clear.
- Texture and Consistency. At first the cream feels thick but once applied, it’s luxuriously light and soft on the skin.
How I use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
I don’t use Klairs calming cream everyday. I only use it when my skin is extra sensitive or irritated, for example:
- After threading
- After a whole day outdoors, under the sun
- When I’m suffering from seasonal allergies
- When I’m trying new products that don’t agree with my skin
As soon as I feel a little itch or mild irritation on my face, I automatically reach for this cream.
I apply it at night, after my moisturizer, and only on areas that need it.
What I like about Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
I’ve been using this product for several months now and I understand why this product has achieved cult status.
- Immediate. For me, the relief is immediate. As soon as I apply this cream, my face stops itching and if I have the beginnings of a breakout, they’re gone the next day.
- Consistent. And this consistently happens! It’s not a one-time thing. The calming and soothing effect always happen whenever I use this product.
- Fragrance-Free. I don’t think skincare products need to be perfumed and I’m happy to report this product is fragrance-free.
- Luxurious. It’s a joy to apply too. Creamy, smooth and soft on the skin. It absorbs well and not sticky at all.
What I don’t like about it
There’s really nothing for me not to like about this product. It delivers on its promises to soothe and calm skin. Bonus: it helps with acne too.
Important FAQs about Klairs blue cream
Is it good for all skin types?
Klairs recommends this product for all skin types. From dry to oily skin, from acne-prone to sensitive skin.
I have combination skin that’s also semi-sensitive. My partner has oily skin. And this product works for both of us.
Can I use it everyday?
This product is gentle enough that you can use it everyday.
However, if you’re not really suffering from skin sensitivity or specific skin issues that the cream addresses, it might be a waste of a perfectly good product.
I’d personally only use this when necessary, no matter how magical it is.
Klairs has a similar product that they recommend for daily use — their Rich Moist Soothing Cream.
Can I use it in the morning?
It’s best to use this cream at night, when our skin regenerates.
The blue cream also coats the skin with a thin protective layer so if you plan to wear make-up, your foundation might just sit on top of the cream and slide off.
Does it replace my moisturizer?
No, this cream doesn’t replace your moisturizer. It’s not formulated that way.
The way you want to apply it is on top of your regular moisturizer.
Don’t worry about it being too heavy; it’s not. It’s very lightweight so even if you apply it on top of a thicker cream, it won’t clog your pores and your skin can still breathe.
Do I recommend Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is definitely a 5 for me.
I love it so much that I make sure I always have an unopened tub on hand even before my existing one runs out!
Since I’m constantly on the hunt for the best skincare products, it’s inevitable that my skin would react negatively to some products and Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has always saved me from major breakouts.
I can’t and won’t do this skincare journey and my skin experiments without it! Klairs blue cream definitely deserves its cult following.
Click this link to buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream at Wishtrend. Use code JOLINA15 to get 15% off your purchase (valid until July 31, 2020).
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you. Before you try a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first.
And practice good skincare habits always.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream? How do you like it? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!