Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is a hypoallergenic vitamin C serum formulated with 5% vitamin C to treat dead skin cells, brighten and even out skin tone, and help tighten the appearance of pores.
Vitamin C is a powerhouse skincare ingredient. It’s been proven to:
- Even out skin tone and texture
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten overall complexion, and more
It’s become a staple in my skincare routine and one of my favourite skincare ingredients.
I’ve tested several vitamin C products, from creams (Skin & Lab C Plus Brightening) to serums (Rohto Melano CC Vitamin C) and so far, so good.
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop has become my go-to vitamin C serum though. So I wasn’t surprised when I found out Wishtrend has sold 2 million bottles of these as of this writing.
Let’s find out what’s so awesome about it.
What does it do
Like most vitamin C serums, this product:
- Treats dead skin cells
- Evens out skin tone and fades pigmentation
- Brightens complexion
- And reduces the appearance of pores
Unlike most though, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop is hypoallergenic, which makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin and those who are just starting out with vitamin C in their routine (check out this vitamin C skincare guide for beginners if you want to learn more).
This serum contains 5% pure vitamin C. The full ingredient list is below (source):
Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citrus Junos Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polysorbate 60, Il licium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Chaenomeles Sinensis Fruit Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Disodium EDTA, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Callus Culture Extract, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Phosphate, Sorbitan Oleate, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Asarum Sieboldii Root Extract, Quercus Mongolica Leaf Extract, Persicaria Hydropiper Extract, Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Magnolia Obovata Bark Extract, Rheum Palmatum Root Extract, Corydalis Turtschaninovii Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Sodium Phosphate, Lysine HCl, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acetyl Methionine, Theanine, Proline, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, Bacillus/Folic Acid/Soybean Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, sh-Oligopeptide1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-11, sh-Polypeptide-9, Caprylyl Glycol, Limonene
Other things to know
- Packaging. The product comes in a 35-ml clear bottle with a dropper. This surprised me because most of the vitamin C serums I see come in opaque bottles to help protect the serum from oxidation. But according to Wishtrend, the serum is stabilized, which is why it can effectively be kept in a non-tinted bottle.
- Smell. This serum is fragrance-free.
- Colour. The product comes out and applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. Like most vitamin C serums, this is more oily than watery, but runny not thick.
- Application. It also absorbs fairly quickly. No sticky or oily residue at all.
- Contra-indications. Vitamin C is pretty safe and generally well-tolerated. However, try to avoid mixing it with retinoids and benzoyl peroxide in the same routine. And because vitamin C possesses mild exfoliating properties, avoid using physical and chemical exfoliators in the same routine as well.
- Morning use. When using vitamin C in the morning, make sure to follow up with a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Expiration. For best results, use the product within 12 months of opening.
How to use
I use Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop in my morning routine — after toner, before moisturizer and sunscreen.
Wishtrend recommends 3-4 drops but I find that’s too much for me. I only apply 1 drop per cheek then spread and pat it all over my face.
I allow the serum to dry (less than a minute) before proceeding with the rest of my regimen.
You can also use it at night or mix it with cream. See all of Wishtrend’s top tips here.
What I like about it
- Lightweight. I love how lightweight this product is. It applies really well and absorbs quickly. No residue, no heaviness, no greasiness. You won’t even notice it’s there.
- No irritation. I’ve been using this product for close to 3 months now and I haven’t had any bad reactions at all. My sensitive skin loves it. It also plays nicely with the other products in my routine.
- A little goes a long way. After 3 months of daily use, my little bottle is still half full which is awesome.
- No oxidation. And it’s as clear as the day I got it. No oxidation at all. I do make sure to close the bottle tightly and I keep it in a drawer away from light, but other vitamin C serums would have had some oxidation by now.
- Vitamin C percentage. I thought the 5% vitamin C percentage in this serum would be too low for me (I’ve built up my tolerance up to 15% with By Wishtrend Pure Vitamin C 15% with Ferulic Acid) but surprisingly, my skin is reacting better to this low percentage.
- It works. Bottomline, this serum just works. It’s not an overnight miracle worker (nothing is) but with consistent use, my skin looks brighter, my acne scars look lighter and my complexion looks healthier.
What I don’t like about it
There’s really nothing I don’t like about this serum. In fact, it’s priced well too.
As just $23 USD (today’s price), that’s a lot of bang for your buck. There’s no need to splurge on high-end serums at all.
Do I recommend Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is definitely a 5 for me.
Hypoallergenic, effective, affordable. There’s really nothing else you can want from a vitamin C serum.
No wonder there are millions of people using this product. Now including me.
In fact, I’ve already purchased my second bottle because I didn’t want to run out. That’s how obsessed with this product I’ve become lol.
Hope you give it a try!
You can buy it at Wishtrend by clicking here (affiliate link).
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried this serum? Is vitamin C part of your routine? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
2 thoughts on “Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop Review”
This product works wonders! Completely agree with your review.
Yes it does! 🙂