JUNOCO Clean 10 Cleansing Balm is an oil-based cleanser that deep cleans without stripping the skin of natural oils. And it’s formulated with Japanese Magic Barley, an excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants that do wonders for our complexion.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by JUNOCO but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
JUNOCO is a California-based skincare company that believes simplicity is key. That you don’t need a ton ingredients to make a product effective.
So they try to keep their ingredient list short. In fact, this cleansing balm we’re reviewing today only has 10 ingredients. Isn’t that amazing?
And it has more than 5,000 5-star reviews on Amazon. So I am officially intrigued. Let’s see how it does.
This balm is formulated with JUNOCO’s Clean10 formula, with Japanese Barley Magic as its star ingredient.
Haven’t heard of it before? It’s because it’s an ingredient exclusive to JUNOCO and delivers the following benefits:
- Minimizes pores
- Diminishes skin imperfections
- Moisturizes and refreshes
- Packed with skin-loving nutrients like Niacin, Vitamin E and Vitamin B1, B12, B3
Full list of natural and cruelty-free ingredients below (source):
- ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE
- CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE
- PEG-20 GLYCERYL TRIISOSTEARATE
- SYNTHETIC WAX
- POLYSORBATE 85
- FERMENTED JAPANESE PEARL BARLEY
- <1% CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) PEEL OIL
- VITAMIN E
- BUTYLENE GLYCOL
Other things to know
- Packaging. This comes in an 85-g/3-oz plastic tub with a spatula. JUNOCO is big on sustainability so their packaging is 100% recyclable and free of microplastics.
- Fragrance. This balm smells sweet and fruity. It’s formulated with California tangerines and smells like them.
- Colour. The tangerines also give this balm a natural pigment. It’s a light yellow in the tub but applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This cleanser is unbelievably creamy. It reminds me of softened butter, almost. And once it turns to oil, it’s very silky on the skin and smooth to apply.
- Skin Type. This balm works for all skin types, but will especially benefit sensitive skin with its sensitive skin-friendly formulation.
- Expiry. You must use this product within 12 months of opening.
- Others. This product is also gluten-free, cruelty-free, and contains no polyethylene, synthetic fragrance or artificial colour.
How to use
A cleansing balm is essentially solidified oil and is usually used as the first cleanser in a double cleansing routine.
JUNOCO recommends applying a pea-sized amount of product to palms, rub palms together until the balm turns to oil, then gently massage the oil on skin as you would a normal cleanser.
I tried that but I actually prefer to apply the balm directly on my dry skin and massage that all over my face. I also use more than a pea-sized amount for full coverage.
Then I rinse with lukewarm water and follow with a water-based cleanser before I continue on with the rest of my evening routine.
See what works for you.
What I like about it
- Creamy and luxurious to apply. This is one of the creamiest balms I’ve tried. It feels so luxurious on skin and such a joy to apply!
- Easy to rinse. And unlike other oil-based cleansers, this one is easy to rinse and leaves no slimy residue.
- Gentle. And I haven’t had any breakouts or irritations since using it.
- Soft and smooth skin. My skin also feels so soft and smooth after cleansing. It looks bright and radiant as well.
- Effective make-up remover. A lot of people use this as a makeup remover and I find that it’s an effective one. Just note that I don’t wear heavy make-up so I can’t speak to how effective it is removing full foundation or liquid eye liner.
What I don’t like about it
There are a lot of things I love about this balm. I just wish it was fragrance-free.
I have a very sensitive nose so the fruity scent here is overwhelming to me. It’s a nice and refreshing scent but it’s just overpowering.
Do I recommend JUNOCO cleansing balm?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
I think it absolutely deserves all those 5-star ratings in Amazon; I’m just taking a star off because of my issue with the scent.
Other than that, this is an excellent cleansing balm. It’s creamy, not drying and results to clearer, brighter complexion.
And if you have sensitive skin and wary of using oil-based cleansers, I think this is worth a shot. It’s so gentle on skin and has so many other benefits besides.
You can check it out here.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried this product? Will you recommend it? Do you double cleanse? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!