I’m From Honey Mask is a wash-off mask that contains 38.7% natural honey to revitalize and hydrate skin, leaving you feeling refreshed and nourished.
I’m From has become one of my favourite Korean skincare brands. Like most k-beauty brands, they look to nature for ingredients beneficial to our skin. From their cult-favourite rice toner to my personal favourite, mugwort mask.
They’re cruelty-free, don’t use harmful additives in their products, and are always honest and transparent in their list of ingredients. In this case, the main ingredient is honey.
Is honey good for our skin?
Short answer, yes. Honey is great for skin!
Some of its benefits include (source):
- Moisturizing skin by absorbing water from the environment
- Sinking deep into our skin to condition and hydrate from the inside out
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to help fight acne and irritation
- Antioxidants that help with wrinkles and fine lines, and improves skin’s elasticity
- Contains gluconic acid, which is a gentle exfoliant
Honey mask benefits
This Honey Mask from I’m From contains 46.44g natural honey, or 38.7% of its total ingredients. That’s a whole lot of honey in one jar!
The mask promises to:
- Provide deep moisture and nourishment
- Make skin supple
- Help restore skin’s elasticity
- Remove whiteheads and provide mild exfoliation for a clearer complexion
I’m From Honey Mask ingredients
In addition to honey, this face mask also contains (source):
Honey, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Wax, Polysorbate 20, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Beeswax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Water, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propolis Extract, Beta-Glucan, Bee Venom, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin
How I use my honey facial mask
I use this face mask once a week, as part of my evening routine.
After double cleansing, I use the provided spatula and take a small amount of product from the tub. I place it on my palm and use my fingers to spread all over my face. It’s like giving myself a nice little facial massage.
I then leave the mask on for 30 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. I’m From recommends a minimum of 10 minutes and a maximum of 1 hour.
I don’t apply any serums after it; on mask day I usually give my skin a rest and just use a mask. Whether I apply a moisturizer after really depends on how my skin is feeling that evening.
Even without a follow-up moisturizer or cream though, my skin feels hydrated and moisturized throughout the night and until the next day.
Other things to know
- Packaging. This face mask comes in a 110g tub and a 30g mini. I have the tub and it comes with a spatula. The mini is in a squeeze tube.
- Fragrance. Because it contains real honey, this mask smells like honey. It’s a very strong smell but not an unpleasant one.
- Texture and Consistency. Rich and velvety out of the tub, it applies luxuriously smooth on the skin. And once applied, it feels light and surprisingly not as sticky as you would expect.
- Skin Type. While this product is recommended for all skin types, don’t use if you’re allergic to bees. It contains bee venom.
- Storage. Like the honey that we eat, this honey mask might harden, separate or crystallize over time. This is normal and doesn’t affect the product’s efficacy. Just use the spatula to mix it up again. And whatever you do, don’t refrigerate. Store at room temperature.
What I like about I’m From Honey Mask
- Hydrating. This honey mask is very hydrating. After rinsing, my face feels softer, smoother, plumper.
- Gentle. It’s also very gentle, which my sensitive skin appreciates. It doesn’t break me out or irritate my skin in any way.
- Luxurious. I love skincare products that feel like a treat. Which is how I feel when I’m using this mask. It’s so creamy and luxurious to apply. And not sticky at all. Such a joy to use.
- Little goes a long way. The first time I used this honey mask, I made the mistake of scooping too much product (think: grape-sized). Over time I’ve learned that a blueberry-sized amount is more than enough to cover my face. It’s very spreadable and a little goes a long way.
- Stays on. This mask stays on your face. It doesn’t harden but it doesn’t run down your face either. So you can really do other things in the 30m-60m that you have this on without fear of it getting in the way.
What I don’t like about it
- Strong honey smell. One of the reasons I prefer fragrance-free products is I have a very sensitive nose. Strong smells give me headaches sometimes. So while I understand why this mask smells the way it does, I wish it didn’t smell as strong. But that’s just me.
- Slimy residue. I find it a little difficult to wash this mask off. And it leaves a sort of slimy, filmy residue that doesn’t really go away. It hasn’t clogged my pores…yet. But if you have oily skin or you get easily congested pores, use with caution.
- Do we need another mask? While this mask leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple, I get equally good, if not better, results with products I already have, like Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Sheet Mask and I’m From Mugwort Mask. This makes me wonder if I need this in my ever growing skincare product stash.
Do I recommend I’m From Honey Mask?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
It’s lovely to use, hydrates my skin and doesn’t break me out. The tub I have will probably last me a long time too.
However, at this point, I’m still not certain if I will repurchase. The smell and the residue bug me and, like I mentioned, there are other mask options out there that I get great results with.
This is still a wonderful product though. Especially if you’re dealing with dry and dull skin. And it really is lovely to apply. Give it a try!
Click this link > to buy I’m From Honey Mask at Wishtrend (affiliate link).
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2021.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried I’m From Honey Mask? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!