I’m From Honey Glow Cream is formulated with the unique and exclusive Honey Glow Queen (Honey Complex) packed with all the goodness of honey for perfectly dewy, brighter and younger-looking skin.
This cream already has two things going for it.
First, it’s made by I’m From, known for coming out with simple but highly effective products. They’re so good a lot of them have gained a cult following (check out I’m From Rice Toner).
Second, this is packed with honey, one of my favourite skincare ingredients (I love By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule.)
So to say my expectations are high is an understatement. Let’s get to it.
Honey’s skin benefits
Honey is known for its hydrating effects, but it delivers other amazing skin benefits too (source):
- Antibacterial properties that help with acne
- Clarifying properties that help prevent blackheads
- An excellent source of antioxidants that help prevent skin damage, premature aging and loss of skin’s elasticity
- And more
Honey Glow Queen
I’m From Honey Glow Cream contains 30.63% Honey Glow Queen (Honey Complex).
If you haven’t heard of that before, it’s because its exclusive to I’m From. And it’s a unique mixture of these 7 active ingredients:
|Honey||Delivers moisturizing and soothing effects while gently removing dead skin cells|
|Black bee propolis||Supplies skin with rich moisture and nutrition|
|Royal jelly||Helps keep skin firm and healthy|
|Bee venom||Helps protect skin from environmental stressors|
|Turmeric||Helps get rid of impurities|
|Bee pollen||Contains essential proteins and vitamins|
|Cinnamon||Rich in vitamins B & C and helps protect skin from external factors like UV light|
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Water, Octyldodecanol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Olivate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Niacinamide, Behenyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Glycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Cetyl Stearate, Stearyl Stearate, Honey Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Arginine, Boswellia Serrata Resin Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pollen Extract, Levan, Decyl Glucoside, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Propolis Extract, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ziziphus Jujuba Seed Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Bee Venom, Citric acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maqecassoside, Fragrance, Limonene, Citral, ButylphenyI Methylpropional, Geraniol
Other things to know
- Packaging. This cream comes in a lovely 50-g hexagonal glass jar with a light yellow label. I find it so pretty! It doesn’t come with a spatula or applicator though.
- Fragrance. I can’t quite put my finger on what this cream smells like. It reminds me of the beach because it kind of smells like the sunscreens we used as kids. In any case, it’s not an overpowering or unpleasant smell. It’s very subtle and goes away as the cream is absorbed.
- Colour. This product is milky white and applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This feels richer and thicker than a lot of the other creams I’ve tested.
- Skin Type. I think this cream will work for all skin types, but will especially benefit those with sensitive skin and dry skin. Not for those allergic to bees though because it contains bee venom. I have sensitive, combination skin.
- Expiry. The expiry date is printed on the bottom of the box. I received my product Feb 2022 and it’s expiry date is November 2024.
How to use
I use this like any other cream — at the last step of my evening routine and right before sunscreen in the morning.
I swipe product from the tub with my (clean!) fingertips and apply directly to my face and neck.
Depending on the weather, if I need more, I apply more.
What I like about I’m From Honey Glow Cream
- Packaging. I test a lot of skincare products but I think this is the first time I paid special mention to the packaging. It really is so pretty to look at and feels and looks very high end.
- Lightweight. Although this cream feels rich and thick, once the cream has fully absorbed into the skin, you won’t even notice it’s there. It’s lightweight and leaves no greasy residue. Great under sunscreen and makeup.
- Soft and dewy. And it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I don’t really notice a glow, just a subtle healthy dewiness.
- Hydrating. It’s very hydrating too. When used at night, my skin still feels soft and supple the next day.
- Gentle. I’ve been using it for almost a month and have had no breakouts or irritations.
What I don’t like about it
- Not as spreadable. While I find this smooth and easy to apply, I also find that it’s not as spreadable as other creams I’ve tried. Maybe because it’s thicker? I do feel like I’m using more product than I should be because it’s not spreading as much.
- Absorption. It takes longer to absorb as well. Definitely not the cream I would use for busy mornings when I need to be out the door fast.
- Smell. And while I’ve gotten used to the smell, some of you might find it off-putting.
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
This is a luxurious product to use.
Creamy and velvety, doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the skin, gives a nice dewy finish.
Wish it was fragrance-free but that’s not a deal-breaker for me in this case.
And while it takes a few minutes to absorb, once it does, my skin always feels smooth, supple and properly hydrated. And that’s saying something because I’ve used this on bitter cold Canadian winter days.
That said, it would be interesting to see how this performs when the weather gets warmer. It’s spring now and I still use this regularly, though I’ve lessened the amount of product I apply (it still works great).
In the summer months, I would probably use less, or not at all. Will let you know.
For now, if you’re dealing with dry skin, looking for a gentle, lightweight but very hydrating cream, or just curious about how to add honey into your skin care routine, this is an excellent product to try.
You can buy it at Wishtrend by clicking here (affiliate link).
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2022.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried I’m From Honey Glow Cream? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!