Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum is a creamy, lightweight, chemical sunscreen that provides SPF50+ PA++++ sun protection while moisturizing skin for a healthy and dewy glow.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by SKIN1004 but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!)
SKIN1004 is a natural skincare brand with a focus on using only the best, the mildest, and the cleanest ingredients in their products.
This philosophy brought them to Madagascar, “the oldest island on Earth, where 1700 million years of the most ancient and pristine nature has been preserved,” and their signature ingredient, Centella Asiatica.
Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum is part of their Hyalu-Cica Line, an outstanding collection of moisturizing skincare products that use their Hyalu-Cica Formula.
Their products consistently receive 5-star ratings and glowing reviews on Amazon so I’m very excited to try one of their best-sellers!
Let’s get to it .
Ingredients and skin benefits
Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum is a chemical sunscreen that blocks the sun’s harmful UV rays (related: the difference between chemical and physical sunscreens).
And because it contains SKIN1004’s unique combination of centella asiatica extract and hyaluronic acids, it also simultaneously heals and hydrates the skin.
Full ingredient list below (source):
Water, Dibutyl Adipate, Propanediol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Niacinamide, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Caprylyl Methicone, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract(9800ppm), Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Sprout Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Sprout Extract, Eruca Sativa Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate(10ppm), Behenyl Alcohol, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Decyl Glucoside, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Adenosine, Xanthan Gum, T-Butyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid(1ppm), Inositol, Hyaluronic Acid(0.01ppm), Pentylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Other things to know
- Packaging. This sunscreen comes in a 50-ml plastic tube with a cap. It has an applicator that you press to get the product out, compared to other sunscreens where you need to press the whole tube.
- Smell. It’s fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. This is definitely one of the creamiest sunscreens I’ve tried. It feels more like a light moisturizer than a sunscreen.
- Application. It spreads well, absorbs fast, and leaves no sticky feeling or greasy residue. It goes well under makeup, too.
- Skin Type. SKIN1004 recommends this product for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Certified. Its UV protection levels have been certified by the Korea Dermatology Institute (source).
- Reef Safe. And it doesn’t contain ingredients considered harmful to marine ecosystems and coral reefs.
- Expiration. It’s best to use this product within 12 months of opening.
How to use
I use this every morning — whether I’m going out or staying home, whether it’s a sunny or cloudy day — as the last step in my morning routine.
I dot it around my face and neck then spread evenly with my fingers.
What I like about this product
- No white cast. I love how this leaves no white cast. I have brown/tan skin and you’ll never know I have this on.
- Lightweight. It’s also ultra lightweight. It’s almost like it’s not there. It absorbs almost immediately, it’s never sticky, and it doesn’t get greasy during the day.
- Creamy. This is undoubtedly the creamiest sunscreen I’ve tried and it’s a joy to use. It applies smoothly and my skin feels soft and plump after. I’ve never had that happen after applying sunscreen before!
- Hydrating. And I do feel its hydrating effects. Again, something I don’t expect from sunscreen but something I’d look for from now on. It’s the middle of winter as I’m writing this so this is a wonderful surprise.
- Dewy. And yes, it does leave a nice and subtle dewy finish. I like dewy but if you’re more into matte finishes, you might not be a fan.
- Gentle. Lastly, this product is super gentle on my skin. I’ve been using it for more than a month now and I’ve had no breakouts or irritation because of it. It also plays well with the other products in my routine.
What I don’t like about it
I’m not a big fan of the applicator, I make a mess of things every time, but I think that’s such a small thing compared to the other benefits this product delivers.
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is definitely a 5 for me.
It deserves all those glorious reviews and 5 stars on Amazon!
I have my go-to sunscreen and we’ve been best friends for years but I must say, after using this one, I’m most definitely switching.
A sunscreen that doesn’t dry the skin, is wonderful to apply, lightweight but provides SPF50+ PA++++ protection, gentle on skin, and more — Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum is pretty hard to beat.
Click this link to check it out at Amazon [affiliate link].
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!