Haruharu Wonder has come up with an alcohol-free and fragrance-free version of their bestselling Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner. It’s made especially for sensitive skin but still delivers the same great results.
(If you want to check out the original formula, click this link to Haruharu Wonder Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner on Amazon and discover why it has more than 2000 5-star reviews!)
Haruharu Wonder is a clean, green, vegan, cruelty-free Korean skincare brand with products that are formulated with at least 95% natural, plant-based ingredients that are clinically proven effective and safe for skin.
I love their Black Rice Moisture Airyfit Sunscreen so I was really excited to try their toner.
As someone who has sensitive skin and who prefers fragrance-free skin care products, this product is right up my alley.
Let’s get to it.
Ingredients and skin benefits
Both of Haruharu Wonder’s black rice toners were developed using their patented Ultra Deep Technology, which not only makes it easier for our skin to absorb active ingredients, it also makes it possible for those same ingredients to get into our skin’s deeper layers.
Their main powerhouse ingredients come from fermented black rice extracts, rich in antioxidants.
|Phyllostachys Pubescens Shoot Bark Extract
|Anti-inflammatory and whitening effects for clearer-looking skin
|Panax Ginseng Root Extract
|Removes impurities, helps lock in moisture and delivers anti-aging properties
|Betaine (contains hyaluronic acid)
|Hydrating and nourishing effects
Full ingredient list below (source):
Water, Betaine, Glycerin, Propanediol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Phyllostachys Pubescens Shoot Bark Extract, Aspergillus Ferment, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Cyclodextrin, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Beta-glucan, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Sodium Phytate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glucose, 1,2-Hexanediol
Other things to know
- Packaging. This hydrating toner for sensitive skin comes in a 150-ml plastic bottle. The packaging looks very elegant and high-end, which is true for all the products in Haruharu Wonder’s black rice line.
- Smell. It’s unscented and free of artificial fragrance.
- Texture and Consistency. This toner is not as watery, nor as viscous, as others I’ve tried. Its consistency is somewhere in between.
- Absorption. How quickly this product sinks in depends on how you apply it. More on this below.
- Skin Type. While this was made for sensitive skin, this product would benefit all skin types, especially dry skin, with its hydrating properties.
- Green and Clean. Being a clean and green brand, this toner is free of 7 kinds of parabens (Menthylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Buthylparaben, Isobuthylparaben, p-Hydroxybenzonic Acid), free of 11 harmful ingredients (BHA or Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydrations, Benzophenon-3, Isopropyl Alcohol, BHT, Imidazolodonyl Urea, Diazolidinyl Urea, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Sorbid Acid, Triethanolamine), is vegan, cruelty-free, made of 95% natural ingredients, and is EWG-green verified.
- Expiration. Use this toner within 6 months after opening.
How to use
The recommended use is to saturate a cotton pad with the product, apply evenly across the face, then gently pat to help absorption.
I’ve tried this a few times but I’m not really a fan of using cotton to apply products because I tend to be heavy-handed and I feel like I’m pulling on my skin unnecessarily.
So the majority of the time I apply this by putting 2-3 drops on my palms then directly applying and patting on my face and neck.
I use this morning and evening, after cleansing and before serums.
What I like about this product
- Lightweight. When used as recommended, this product is wonderfully lightweight. It absorbs almost immediately and leaves no sticky or heavy feeling behind.
- Supple finish. What you do get is smooth, supple skin.
- Fragrance-free. Also love that it’s fragrance-free.
- Gentle. I’ve been using this for almost a month now and I haven’t had any kind of bad reaction to it. It also works well with the other products in my routine, from vitamin C to retinol.
- Clearer complexion. My complexion looks brighter and clearer since I started using this product and, frankly, what a pleasant surprise!
What I don’t like about it
- Sticky. When applied my way, this product takes so long to absorb and is sticky in the meantime. I know it’s not its fault; I’m just being stubborn by insisting to use it like other toners. Just a note in case you’re a rebel like me ha!
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me.
I don’t expect a lot from toners in general or from this toner in particular because I see toners simply as a “prep” product.
So I was pleasantly surprised when I started noticing how bright and clear my complexion has become since using Haruharu Wonder black rice toner.
As far as anti-aging goes, that takes longer to be noticeable but I’m excited to see the results.
And maybe I will start using the product as recommended and stop with the my-way-or-the-highway nonsense lol.
So if you have sensitive skin, or simply want more from your toner, this is a great product to try. It’s definitely one of the best Korean toners for sensitive skin that I’ve tried.
Click this link to check it out at Amazon.
You can also explore more Haruharu Wonder products at their Amazon store.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Haruharu Wonder Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner for Sensitive Skin? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!