Haruharu Wonder Black Rice Moisture Airyfit Sunscreen is a gentle, lightweight, chemical sunscreen that packs a punch. With SPF50+ PA++++ it offers strong protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays while ensuring the skin doesn’t dry out with its black rice extract infused hydrating formula.
(Looking for mineral sunscreen? Check out Haruharu Wonder Black Rice Pure Mineral Relief Daily Sunscreen on Amazon. And here’s where you can find the difference between chemical and mineral sunscreens to help you decide what’s right for you.)
Haruharu Wonder is a clean, green, vegan, cruelty-free Korean skincare brand with products that are formulated with at least 95% natural, plant-based ingredients that are clinically proven effective and safe for skin.
I must admit I’m new to the world of Haruharu Wonder but I’ve heard great things. So I’m really excited to try things out and share my findings with you.
First up is their Black Rice Moisture Airyfit Sunscreen. Let’s get to it.
Ingredients and skin benefits
I’m a big fan of hardworking sunscreens, or those that not only protect our skin from the sun but nourish our skin as well.
And Haruharu Wonder’s sunscreen is enriched with the following to do just that:
|Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil + Extract||Rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that provides free-radical protection and moisturizing effects|
|Ceramide NP + Heartleaf Extract||Nourishes the skin and helps relieve irritation|
|Adenosine||Contains amino acid protein components that help with skin elasticity and collagen production|
|Niacinamide||Brightens complexion and prevents moisture loss|
Full ingredient list below (source):
Water, Dibutyl Adipate, Propanediol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Tromethamine, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Polysilicone-15, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Flower Extract, Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea Fruit Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Palmitic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Methylpropanediol, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Polyether-1, Myristic Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Tocopherol, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate
Other things to know
- Packaging. This sunscreen comes in a 50-ml plastic tube with a cap. It has an applicator that you press to get the product out, compared to other sunscreens where you need to press the whole tube.
- Smell. It’s unscented and free of artificial fragrance.
- Texture and Consistency. It’s also wonderfully lightweight and creamy. It feels more like a summer moisturizer than a heavy sunscreen.
- Application. It spreads well, absorbs quickly, and leaves no sticky feeling or greasy residue. It goes well under makeup, too.
- Skin Type. Haruharu Wonder recommends this product for all skin types, including sensitive skin (it’s gone through a hypoallergenic test). I think those with oily skin will adore this product as well, because of its light and velvety finish.
- Certified. It is SPF-approved by labs in Europe and South Korea.
- Reef Safe. And it doesn’t contain ingredients considered harmful to marine ecosystems and coral reefs.
- Expiration. It’s best to use this product within 12 months of opening.
How to use
I use this every morning — whether I’m going out or staying home, whether it’s a sunny or cloudy day — as the last step in my morning routine.
I dot it around my face and neck then spread evenly with my fingers.
What I like about this product
- No white cast. I always use chemical sunscreen because mineral sunscreens tend to leave a white cast on my skin. The same is true here. I love how this leaves zero white cast. I have brown/tan skin and you’ll never know I have this on.
- Lightweight. It’s also ultra lightweight; almost like it’s not there. It’s never sticky and doesn’t get greasy even on a hot summer day.
- Creamy. I love how smooth and creamy this is and it’s such a joy to use. It applies smoothly and sinks into the skin quickly.
- Gentle. This product is gentle on my skin — no breakouts or irritation because of it. It also plays well with the other products in my morning routine.
What I don’t like about it
- Applicator. I’m not a big fan of this kind of applicator in general. I always make a mess of things and the product always ends up accumulating on the cap.
- Finish. This sunscreen leaves a velvety finish. I prefer a dewy look but this is really a matter of personal preference.
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is definitely a 5 for me.
I have my go-to sunscreen but Haruharu Wonder’s sunscreen is definitely giving it serious competition.
I love myself a dewy finish but it’s pretty hard to beat a sunscreen that’s lightweight, provides SPF50+ PA++++ protection, nourishes the skin, is made with natural ingredients, gentle, and more.
You will especially love this if you live in a warm climate or have oily or sensitive skin.
Click this link to check it out at Amazon.
You can also explore more Haruharu Wonder products at their Amazon store.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried Haruharu Wonder’s chemical sunscreen? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
If curious about their made-for-sensitive-skin toner, check out my review of Haruharu Wonder Toner.