CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is a gentle facial cleanser with a low pH formula that promises smooth skin with no irritation. Is it a good facial cleanser? Find out in this CosRX cleanser review.
When I started my basic skincare routine, the first thing I did was replace my facial wash. I’ve been using the same product for years and while it didn’t break me out, it didn’t do anything special either.
And sometimes my skin would feel dry and tight after using it. And I’ve always wondered if it actually works at cleansing my skin.
This low pH cleanser from CosRx was the first thing I tried. It promised:
- A gentle but effective formula
- A slightly acidic pH level that helps restore our skin’s ideal pH level
- And refreshing, glowing, supple skin
Does it deliver?
According to CosRx, the two key ingredients of their good morning cleanser are:
- Betaine Salicylate (BHA), which refines our skin’s texture while gently removing impurities and clearing out our pores
- Styrax Japonicus Branch / Fruit / Leaf Extract, which helps clarify our skin
They also claim that this cleanser is:
- Dermatologist tested
- And vegan
How I use CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
This CosRx cleanser is a gel cleanser that you massage on your face then wash off with water. I mainly use it as my morning cleanser — followed by a toner, a moisturizer and sunscreen.
I’ve used it in the evenings too, as my second cleanser, after oil cleansing (more about first cleansers and double cleansing in future posts).
What I like about CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Overall I’m very impressed with this product.
- Fragrance-free. First, I love that this cleanser is fragrance-free. I’m sensitive to smells so I’m more partial to fragrance-free products. But, more importantly, this also means the formula doesn’t contain unnecessary ingredients just to make it smell nice.
- A little goes a long way. A pea-sized amount is more than enough to lather and cover my whole face. So a 150-ml tube will last a while.
- Smoother, softer skin. I especially love how it makes my skin feel after cleansing! After years of feeling blah about washing my face, I now honestly look forward to it. I feel refreshed, my face feels soft and smooth, and it just looks brighter. It’s so gentle on my skin that even if I wash my face on a very cold day in the middle of winter, my face feels no tightness at all.
- No irritation. Plus, I have had zero irritation using it (it’s been more than 3 months now). No breakouts, no redness. I’ve used this when I was dealing with pimples and no stinging. I get bubbles on my eyes sometimes and no tears!
What I don’t like about it
I’m really just nitpicking here because I love this product so much but if there was one thing I wish they would improve, it’s the cap. I don’t like that the cap doesn’t fully close.
I expect to hear a click but it just kind of sits there with a little open gap. I want to avoid product leaking out or nasties getting in so I make sure I close it tightly but it never 100% does. Maybe it’s just mine?
I also wish it came in travel sizes!
Is it good for sensitive skin?
I have combination, slightly sensitive skin and like I said, this product does not cause any breakouts. My partner, Red, uses this too and she has oily skin. And it helps keep her excess sebum in check.
I think this product would work well for all skin types (normal, dry, oily, combination), in any season.
Is CosRX good morning cleanser a good cleanser?
For me, a good facial cleanser:
- doesn’t contain harsh ingredients and unnecessary fragrance that might cause me to break out
- removes the day from my face without stripping it of its natural oils
- leaves my skin not only feeling clean but refreshed too
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 – 5 being awesome – this product is definitely a 5 for me. It meets all my requirements and more. I highly recommend it.
It’s especially a great introduction to k-beauty (or Korean skin care) products.
It’s very affordable too. We can purchase this product at our local Walmart for less than $15.
Where can I buy CosRX good morning cleanser online?
If it’s not available locally, Wishtrend is one of my favourite places to buy k-beauty products online. They have the bestsellers, a really informative blog and you can get reward points!
You earn points not only by purchasing products, but also by:
- Signing up
- Writing a review
- And referring your friends
Then you can use your points to purchase more skincare products. Isn’t that a happy cycle?
Check out Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser there.
So if you’re looking for a cleanser that’s gentle but effective, this CosRX low pH cleanser is a great product for you to try.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried CosRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!