COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream is a moisturizer packed with 92% snail mucin plus hyaluronic acid for supple, hydrated and refreshed skin.
Snail mucin or snail secretion filtrate is one of my favourite skincare ingredients.
While it might sound new and strange, it has been a beloved ingredient in the Korean skin care and beauty industry for many years.
I talk more about what it is and what its benefits are when I reviewed the holy grail CosRx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. Check it out.
I love the snail essence so much I knew I had to try the snail cream. Let’s see how it does.
COSRX snail cream benefits
With 92% snail mucin and hyaluronic acid, this cream:
- Deeply moisturizes without being oily or greasy
- Helps repair and soothe irritated skin
- Helps revive and regenerate the skin for improved radiance
- Provides collagen for improved skin elasticity and other anti-aging benefits
The complete ingredient list is below (source):
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Arginine, Dimethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearic acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine
Other things to know
- Packaging. It comes in a 100 g tub with a screw-on cap. It doesn’t come with a spatula.
- Fragrance. It’s also fragrance-free.
- Colour. It looks creamy and milky-white in the tub and applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This cream has a gel-like consistency and is thinner and runnier than other facial creams I’ve tried. It will actually drip off your fingers as you’re scooping some out from the tub. And it does feel slightly slimy upon application, which is what I personally expect from snail products. It immediately sinks in though and leaves no sticky residue.
- Skin Type. I think this will work for all skin types — especially dry skin, oily skin, acne prone and sensitive skin. COSRX specifically recommends this for those with red and irritated skin, those suffering from dry or rough skin, and those dealing with dark spots and scars.
- Expiry. This cream must be used within 12 months of opening.
- Others. And according to COSRX, this is free from alcohol, parabens, artificial fragrances and colorants, and is hypoallergenic.
How to use
I use this as the last step of my evening routine, and before sunscreen in the mornings.
I use my fingers to carefully scoop product from the tub (remember: it will drip!) and spread and apply to my face and neck.
While I don’t normally layer moisturizer (I have combination skin), I find that I have to with this one. Especially that it’s winter as I’m writing this, I need at least 3 layers to properly hydrate my skin.
What I like about it
- Very spreadable. This product is incredibly spreadable. It’s creamy and a joy to apply.
- Absorbs fast. It also absorbs fast, which helps when I’m layering.
- Lightweight. No matter how many layers I have on though, it stays lightweight. It never feels greasy or heavy.
- Hydrating. And once I’ve put the proper amount of product my skin needs, my skin feels smooth and supple. It also looks brighter and more youthful.
- Gentle. I’ve been using it for almost a month and have had no bad reaction or irritation. It also plays nicely with the other products in my skin care routine.
What I don’t like about it
- More product needed. Because I need to layer it on, I use more product than I normally would. The 100 g tub would still probably last me a while but compared to other creams, I definitely use more of this product in every application.
- Not for winter. I also find that the hydration doesn’t last on really cold days. My face feels tight and dry by afternoon.
Do I recommend this product?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
If I could use it all year, I’d definitely give it a 5. However, I need to switch to heavier creams like Klairs Vitamin E Mask or Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream when the temperature dips to ridiculous levels.
This snail cream would be perfect in the spring and summer though. And I probably wouldn’t even need to layer it on. So I’d definitely switch back to this once we’re out of this cold snap.
Lightweight, hydrating, multi-tasking, and so gentle on skin. If you live in a warmer climate, this is a wonderful facial moisturizer to consider.
You can check it out at Wishtrend by clicking here [affiliate link].
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
Here are more options if you’re looking for lightweight moisturizers.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried this product? Will you recommend it? Are you a fan of snail mucin? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
13 thoughts on “COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream Review”
Does it clear sunburn?
Hi Edna, I don’t think it does specifically, but it helps soothe the skin.
I just tried the advance snail 92 all in one cream and snail mucin essence and its really feel good, its really hydrating even after you wake up in the morning, its look glossy like glass skin. I have oily skin and prone to acne. I dont have any bad reaction, i highly reccomended, and i really love it.
I want to try more cosrx products🥰
It’s great isn’t it?? It’s my favorite summer moisturizer 🙂
Is it fungal acne safe?
Hi Aysha, I can’t say for sure because I don’t have it but according to this Reddit thread, it is! Have a look and see feedback from others.
can i use all in one cream right after using the essence snail muccin?
I do that sometimes 🙂 They complement each other very well.
Yes you can
Hi. I tried a sample of this and do love it. But I’m curious as to how this compares with the Snail 96 mucin? Thanks.
Hi Sera, do you mean the snail essence? I use that in the toner/essence stage and this cream as a moisturizer. They complement each well. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the review. A snail essence fan here. I may have to add his to my skin care routine for winter.
I love the snail essence too! This cream is a must-try 🙂