By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream is a light but hydrating everyday moisturizer formulated with propolis extract and powered by the pro-biome complex, a unique combination of ingredients for clearer, healthier, more hydrated, more balanced skin.
This Pro-Biome Balance Cream is the latest addition to their “propolis line” and I’m excited to try it out.
What is the pro-biome complex
If it’s the first time you’re hearing of the pro-biome complex, you’re not alone. It’s a unique formulation created specifically for this daily moisturizing cream.
It’s a combination of (source):
- Saccharomyces – improves product absorption and decreases skin irritation
- Honey Ferment Filtrate – helps hydrate skin and heal wounds
- Bifida Ferment Lysate – enhances skin immunity and reduces skin dryness
- Lactococcus Ferment Lysate – maintains the skin’s healthy balance and strengthens skin’s natural defences
By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream ingredients
In addition to the pro-biome complex, By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream also contains:
- 70% Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate – helps with anti-inflammation and skin hydration
- 10% Propolis Extract – a powerhouse ingredient with anti-allergy, anti-inflammation and antimicrobial properties
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Propolis Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Saccharomyces/Honey Ferment Filtrate, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Asparagus Officinalis Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Seed Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Glycine Max (Soybean) Seed Extract, Solanum Tuberosum (Potato) Pulp Extract, Tocopherol, Betaine, Aqua (Water), Glyceryl Stearate, Xylitol, Caprylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Polyacrylate, Disodium EDTA
Other things to know
- Packaging. By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream comes in a pretty, yellow-tinted 50-ml glass tub. It doesn’t come with an applicator or spatula.
- Scent. This cream has the gentle scent of honey upon application but Wishtrend notes that it’s natural and that no artificial fragrance has been added.
- Colour. It’s milky white out of the tub but applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. This cream is lightweight and very spreadable. A little goes a long way. It does take a few minutes to fully absorb.
- Skin Type. This moisturizer is recommended for all skin types, from oily skin to sensitive skin. It might be a little too light for dry skin though, especially during the colder months. It is especially recommended for people with troubled and irritated skin and to those who want to restore their skin’s balance.
How to use By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream
I use By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream in my morning and evening skin care routines.
I dot pea-sized amounts of product all over my face, spread with my fingers, then gently tap to help absorption.
In the morning, I apply it before sunscreen and after my propolis ampoule. In the evening, it’s the last step in my routine.
What I like about this daily moisturizer
- Lightweight but hydrating. I like how lightweight this cream is. It does take a little while to fully absorb but once it does, you won’t feel heavy or greasy with it on. More importantly, skin stays nice and hydrated all day.
- Soft and smooth. Once my skin has absorbed the product, it feels soft, smooth and properly hydrated. There’s no sticky residue.
- Gentle. Having sensitive skin, I’m always wary about using new products but this cream has been great on my skin. No break outs or irritation at all.
- Contains propolis extract. Propolis is one of my favourite skincare ingredients and this cream has 10% propolis extract. It’s a great addition to my routine.
What I don’t like about it
There’s really nothing I don’t like about this product. Although I would only use this during the warmer months. It’s definitely too light for me to use in the winter, when my skin becomes combination-dry.
Do I recommend this product?
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
I started using this cream at the tail-end of summer and it was perfect. Light, moisturizing, and my skin never felt or looked greasy.
Fall is in full swing now and the weather is definitely getting colder. I find that on particularly crisp days, my skin feels dry in the afternoons so I will need to switch to a thicker moisturizer soon, like Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream, Klairs Vitamin E Mask or Millford Deep Hydrating Daily Cream.
If you live in a warmer, more humid climate though, this product would be a great moisturizer to use all year. Especially if you have sensitive or oily skin, or want to restore your skin’s balance and strengthen your skin barrier.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2022.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Looking for more ways to treat your skin? Try sheet masks, a popular skincare and beauty product. Everything you need to know about what a sheet mask is and whether it’s necessary in our skincare routine is here.
Have you tried By Wishtrend Pro-Biome Balance Cream? How do you like it? What’s your favourite skin care product? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!