Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule fights acne, hydrates skin, delivers powerful antioxidants and more. So many skincare benefits in a little golden bottle!
You know how sometimes you discover a skincare ingredient and your skin just loves it? That’s how I feel about propolis. I really wish I discovered it sooner!
And this Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule by Wishtrend is packed with the good stuff.
Formulated for acne-prone, sensitive skin, it promises to help with current breakouts and prevent future ones, to accelerate the rate of cell growth and decongest pores, to keep skin hydrated, and more.
Let’s dive in.
What is propolis?
First of all, what is propolis?
Also called bee glue, propolis is a resin produced by honeybees to seal their honeycomb crevices for protection.
It’s been gaining popularity as a skincare ingredient because of its anti-allergy, anti-inflammation, antimicrobial properties, and promotive action on collagen synthesis (source).
What are the benefits of propolis in skincare?
Some of the specific skincare benefits of propolis include:
- Fighting acne. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make propolis an effective acne-fighting ingredient. And it doesn’t only help get rid of existing acne and help heal post-acne scars; it also helps prevent new acne from developing.
- Smoothing and soothing. Because of its healing properties, propolis helps in skin regeneration for softer, smoother, brighter skin. Fun fact: it’s also good for sunburn!
- Hydrating. Propolis also has the ability to moisturize the skin without clogging pores.
- Protecting from free-radicals. And because it’s abundant in antioxidants, propolis helps protect the skin from free radicals that cause pigmentation and premature aging.
Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15 Ampoule ingredients
Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule benefits not only from propolis, it also contains polyphenols, another powerful antioxidant found in dark chocolate, teas and berries.
As a skincare ingredient, polyphenols benefit skin as it helps speed up skin cell reproduction, healing and moisture retention.
In addition, this serum has:
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract. Used instead of purified water for its antibacterial, soothing qualities for acne-prone and/or oily skin.
- Witch Hazel Extract. Helps soothe oily skin.
- Zinc PCA. Controls sebum production in oily skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol and Betain. Hydrates and soothes the skin.
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Propolis Extract, Glycerin, Propanediol, Isopentyldiol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Panthenol, Perilla Frutescens Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Betaine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Zinc PCA, Pantolactone
Other things to note about Polyphenols in Propolis 15 Ampoule
- Packaging. This propolis ampoule comes in a lovely, golden 30-ml bottle with a dropper. Isn’t it so pretty?
- Smell. Happily, this serum is fragrance-free.
- Colour. It comes out a light golden hue from the bottle but applies clear.
- Texture and Consistency. The consistency is on the thicker side, but still very spreadable. A little goes a long way.
- Contra-indications. Propolis is a pretty safe skincare ingredient, however, according to WebMD, it can cause allergic reactions, especially in people who are allergic to bees or bee products.
- Used with Vitamin C. Wishtrend recommends using this product with vitamin C for a skincare power combo that results to healthier, even more radiant skin.
How I use this propolis serum
Following Wishtrend’s recommendation, I use Polyphenols in Propolis 15 Ampoule with their Pure Vitamin C 15% with Ferulic Acid serum as part of my morning routine.
After my vitamin C has fully absorbed, I dispense 2 drops of propolis ampoule into my palm and use my fingertips to apply. Wishtrend recommends 3-4 drops but I find that too much; 2 drops is really all I need.
I start on trouble areas (e.g. pimples, acne scars) and spread throughout my face.
After this serum has absorbed, I follow it up with Klairs Vitamin E Mask and sunscreen.
What I like about this product
- Smoothing and brightening. Upon application, I immediately notice a smoothing and brightening effect on my skin. It acts as a primer, almost.
- Dewy. Like my vitamin C serum, this product leaves a dewy glow to my skin, which I love. If you like a more matte finish, you might not appreciate this look, but if you’re a fan of fresh, dewy skin, you’ll love it.
- Hydrating. I was pleasantly surprised at how hydrating this product is. After it has absorbed, my skin feels smooth, moisturized and plump. I’m almost tempted to skip my moisturizer; but since it’s winter here and the air is getting very cold and very dry, I didn’t want to take any chances. I can probably get away with that in the warmer months.
- No irritation. I’ve been using this ampoule for almost a month and no irritation so far. Because I have sensitive skin, I always expect to have some sort of reaction when trying new ingredients but my skin is loving propolis.
- Fights acne. In fact, it was quite effective in helping me get rid of a few breakouts. I find that the key is catching it early. Applied to a pimple early enough (e.g. just a red bump), it disappears the next day. Applied to a full-blown pimple, it calms down the next day but takes a few more days to fully heal.
What I don’t like about it
- Sticky. I don’t like that this serum feels a little sticky after application, especially if you put a thicker layer (which isn’t necessary).
- Absorption. And depending on the weather, it can take up to 5 minutes to fully absorb.
Do I recommend Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me. Yes, I like it that much, despite the stickiness!
Propolis is a superstar skincare ingredient. Especially if you have sensitive skin. And especially if you’ve been struggling with acne.
I have a whole arsenal of products to help me deal with acne marks and dark spots, like Rovectin LHA Blemish Ampoule and By Wishtrend Vitamin C Serum, so I can’t give all the credit to propolis but it’s definitely a wonderful addition to my routine.
And it’s too early to say if it actually helps improve the appearance of my fine lines but judging from the healthy glow I’ve been noticing since using this product, I think with continued use, I will see the effects sooner rather than later.
Want to see if it’ll work for you?
You can buy By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule by clicking this link.
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2021.
Wishtrend also has a Quad Active Boosting Essence that contains propolis. Check it out if you prefer propolis essence to a serum.
Looking to add pure natural honey to your skincare routine? Give I’m From Honey Mask a try.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried By Wishtrend Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!