This Hydra Enriched Ampoule By Wishtrend recharges, moisturizes and replenishes skin. It contains Aloe Vera Leaf Polysaccharide for lightweight but long-lasting hydration.
We’re right smack in the middle of winter as I’m writing this. So Hydra Enriched Ampoule By Wishtrend couldn’t have come at a better time.
I switch to my heavy-hitters when the season changes. How will this ampoule fit in my winter routine?
Let’s find out.
Ingredients and skin benefits
According to Wishtrend, this ampoule delivers 3 skin benefits:
- Refreshing moisture when applied once
- Replenished skin when applied twice
- And fills the moisture barrier when applied three times
Its key ingredients is Aloe Vera Leaf Polysaccharide, known to provide moisturizing properties to the skin layers (source).
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Polysaccharides, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Water, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polyglycerin-3, Propanediol, Malachite Extract, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Glycosyl Trehalose, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Allantoin, Betaine, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Trehalose, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol
Other things to know
- Packaging. This comes in a 30-ml glass bottle with a dropper.
- Color. And that pretty blue color? That’s not the bottle, it’s actually the ampoule’s natural color. Wishtrend says the color would fade as time goes on but it’s still completely ok to use. And when storing, avoid direct sunlight and bright light. Don’t worry, this serum applies clear.
- Smell. It’s also fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. In terms of viscosity, I would put this ampoule right in the middle — not too thin (think: niacinamide), not too thick (think: snail serum).
- Application. It’s also very easy to apply and layer, and absorbs fast. I get no sticky feeling or residue after application.
- Skin Type. Wishtrend recommends this ampoule for all skin types: normal, dry, combination, oily, sensitive. It will especially benefit those dealing with dry and rough skin.
- Clean and Green. This product is cruelty-free, silicon oil-free, free of artificial color and fragrance, gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- Expiration. It’s best to use this product within 12 months of opening.
How to use
I use this serum in my morning and evening skincare routines.
In the evening — after toner and before other serums. In the morning — after toner and before vitamin C.
I usually just do 1 drop per cheek and that would be enough for me (I’m combination-dry in the winter) but I add a few more drops when I feel like my skin needs extra TLC.
What I like about this product
- Lightweight. This ampoule is incredibly lightweight. Upon application or once it absorbs, I don’t ever have that heavy feeling other serums tend to leave on my skin.
- Hydrating. However, for something so light, I’m amazed at how hydrated and moisturized my skin feels. And it’s hydration that lasts all day. Some days we dip to minus double digit temperatures and this holds up pretty well.
- Soft and smooth. I also love how my skin feels so soft, smooth and plump right after application.
- Gentle. This product is very gentle too. I’ve been using it for more than a month and not a single breakout or irritation from it. It also plays well with the other active ingredients in my routine.
What I don’t like about it
I don’t have any complaints about this product, per se, except I’m still not sure if a moisturizing serum has a place in my skin care routine (same question I had when I tried Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum).
As a hydrating serum, it essentially delivers the same benefit as most of my toners, essences and moisturizers so I don’t know if a product like this is necessary in my regimen at all.
Do I recommend this product?
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
Despite my reservations about whether or not I need a hydrating serum, this product does a great job of making my skin feel smooth, supple and properly hydrated all day.
I have to be honest though — I don’t think I will repurchase.
Lots of my other skin care products already have a hydrating effect and I’m not convinced I need a stand-alone one. So I’m taking a point away for that.
But remember that our routines are different and the needs of our skin as well; so if you’re in the market for a hydrating ampoule, I highly recommend this one.
And I think this product will really shine in the warmer months, or in warmer climates, when using a regular moisturizer may be too heavy.
Click this link to check it out at Wishtrend [affiliate link].
Use discount code JOLINA15 when shopping at Wishtrend and enjoy 15% off your purchase! Valid until December 31, 2023.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried By Wishtrend Hydra Enriched Ampoule? How do you like it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time!
2 thoughts on “By Wishtrend Hydra Enriched Ampoule Review”
I LOVE this ampoule! It’s very hydrating sometimes I don’t need to use a moisturizer anymore.
That’s awesome Tonie! I think it will work for me in the summer months as well.