AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask is a gel mask that soothes irritated skin and moisturizes to reinforce the skin’s natural barrier. Formulated with niacinamide, it also brightens and evens out skin tone for a healthier, more youthful complexion.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by AXIS-Y Global but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
I’m fairly new to the beautiful world of AXIS-Y, a relatively new player in the highly competitive k-beauty industry.
But I love how their skincare philosophy is deeply rooted in the environment. They believe that climate, temperature, humidity, and other environmental stressors directly affect how our skin behaves.
So their skincare line is especially formulated with these factors in mind.
I’ve tried their Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream. And today I’m sharing my thoughts on their New Skin Resolution Gel Mask, a lightweight wash off gel mask that soothes, moisturizes and calms irritated skin.
Let’s see how it does.
What does this New Skin Resolution Gel Mask do
In general and at the very least, face masks provide intense hydration and moisture to the skin. All the bells and whistles that follow differ per brand.
Some masks provide anti-aging benefits or help control the production of sebum for better acne control. Some deliver soothing and calming effects. Others work as scrubs and help exfoliate the skin.
New Skin Resolution Gel Mask:
- Provides hydration to tired, dull and dry skin
- Repairs and soothes irritated skin
- Brightens and evens out skin tone
And it can do all these because it’s formulated using AXIS-Y’s 6+1+1 Advanced Formula Skincare (611).
What is 611? AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask ingredients
611 is part of the brand’s philosophy of delivering targeted skin care. It refers to 6 key or active ingredients, 1 core ingredient and 1 patented technology (i.e., 6+1+1).
In this case, the 6 key ingredients are:
|Heartleaf||Soothes skin, regulates sebum production and improves skin irritations|
|Fig||Regenerates skin and enhances skin’s hydration|
|Madecassoside||Delivers soothing, healing and antioxidant properties|
|Allantoin||Protects the skin barrier from water loss|
|Artemisia Princeps||Soothes and calms the skin|
|Yam Root||Helps rejuvenate skin and improves hyperpigmentation|
This product’s core ingredient is 2% niacinamide, which is proven to help with uneven skin tone, skin dullness and weakened skin barrier.
Its special patent technology comes from phenolic acids from the meadowsweet flower extract, which fights bacteria with its high concentration of antioxidants.
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Betaine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Niacinamide, Diglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Artemisia Princeps Extract, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Panthenol, Houttuynia Cordata Powder, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Allantoin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Disodium Edta, Fructooligosaccharides, Dextrin, Beta-Glucan, Ceramide NP, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Madecassoside, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Other things to note about this resolution gel mask
- Packaging. This mask is available in a generous 100-ml tub. A spatula is provided and it fits nicely on the cap.
- Smell. While I’m not a fan of scented skincare products, I don’t mind this one. It smells very fresh and refreshing, almost like how a summer garden would after rain. It’s not a strong scent either and doesn’t linger at all. You don’t smell anything once you have the mask on.
- Texture and Consistency. This gel mask is a little runnier than other face masks I’ve tried. It will drip off the spatula when you’re applying it so keep that in mind. However, it won’t drip off your face so you don’t have to worry about that. You’ll notice bits of what looks like leaves on the product but you won’t really feel them on your skin.
- Skin type. This mask is suitable for all skin types. It would provide hydration to dry skin, relief and healing to sensitive skin, and is lightweight enough to use on oily skin.
- Vegan. It’s also vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, contains no artificial fragrances and artificial colours.
How to use this wash off mask
I use this mask twice a week in my evening routine.
After cleansing, I apply about half a teaspoon’s worth of product on my skin, careful to avoid my eyes and mouth. This product is very spreadable so a little goes a long way.
I leave it on for about 10 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and proceed with the rest of my skincare routine.
Note that this product doesn’t harden like clay masks do.
What I like about this product
- Spreadable. This product is very spreadable so a little goes a long way. A 100-ml tub will last a while, used a few times a week.
- Luxuriously Smooth. I’m a big fan of skincare products that make my routine feel like spa day everyday and this mask does just that. It’s so luxuriously creamy and smooth, and such a joy to apply. We love using this on our spa date nights at home!
- Cooling and Soothing. I also love how instantly cooling and soothing this mask is. Spring is allergy season and this mask offers great and instant relief. It also remains cool while it’s on my face, which is awesome especially once the weather starts getting really warm on this side of the world.
- Easy to Rinse. It’s very easy to rinse off and doesn’t leave behind a filmy or slimy residue, which I’ve experienced with other masks.
- Brightening. After rinsing, my face looks instantly clearer and brighter.
- Gentle. I’ve been using this product twice a week for a few weeks now and have had no irritation with it. It’s gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin.
What I don’t like about it
While my face feels smooth and vibrant after using this mask, it doesn’t feel as soft and supple compared to when I use the other masks in my skincare rotation.
In fact, I find it on the drier side.
When I use face masks, I don’t normally follow it up with other products because masks are usually packed with all the good stuff already and my skin feels hydrated enough.
With this one however, I need to continue to use my usual serums and moisturizers to ensure my skin doesn’t dry out during the night.
It’s not a big deal though.
I actually think this makes it the perfect mask to use in the summer months, when a heavier mask might lead to clogged pores and unnecessarily oily skin.
Do I recommend AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 4 for me.
AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask has a lot going for it: powerhouse ingredients, calming and brightening effects, skin rejuvenation.
I will most likely only use this in the summer; we get pretty brutal winters here and I need products that provide heavy-duty hydration that I think this mask doesn’t provide.
As a summer mask though, this is the perfect texture and formulation. Lightweight, no oily residue, calming and brightening.
So if you’re looking for a lightweight face mask to use in the warmer months, or if you live in a warmer climate where most masks are too heavy to use, try AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!