AXIS-Y Heartleaf My Type Calming Cream is a lightweight, water-based, gel moisturizer that also soothes, heals, brightens and protects. Formulated with simple ingredients, it’s gentle and non-irritating, perfect for sensitive skin.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by AXIS-Y Global but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
I’ve become such a big fan of the new products from AXIS-Y that they launched via their
Water Your Skin campaign.
I’ve been using their Aqua Boosting Essence Toner and their Advanced Aqua Boosting
Ampoule everyday since late fall and my skin looks and feels smooth, supple and healthy, even in the middle of a cold winter day.
This Heartleaf My Type Calming Cream was developed and is part of the same campaign. However, I don’t use it in my current skin care routine.
Let me tell you why.
Heartleaf My Type Calming Cream ingredients
Like the toner and the serum, this cream also benefits from AXIS-Y’s highly effective 6+1+1 formula, which means 6 nutrient-rich base ingredients, 1 core goal-oriented ingredient, and 1 quality-producing effective technology.
The 6 base ingredients are:
|Centella Asiatica||Boosts skin’s healing and is good for scars|
|Allantoin||Encourages new tissue growth|
|Sorghum||Helps brighten skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles|
|Sage||Soothes irritations and regulates sebum production|
|Licorice||Contains antioxidant properties, which calms and protects skin|
|Aspergillus Ferment||Helps improve and maintain healthy skin texture|
At its core is heartleaf, an ingredient rich in antioxidants, has antibacterial and
anti-inflammatory properties, and delivers calming effects.
And it uses Antoxyl_S II, technology that safely extracts and ferments Sorghum using
Aspergillus Fermentation, which helps protect the skin.
The full ingredient list is below ( source ):
Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol,
Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Betaine, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sorghum Bicolor Leaf/Stem Extract, Aspergillus Ferment,
Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Guaiazulene
Other things to note about this calming cream
- Packaging. This cream comes in a 60-ml plastic tube with a screw-on cap and a precision applicator, which I haven’t seen in other skincare products before and have really come to appreciate.
- Smell. It is fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. It has a gel-like consistency, though I find that it’s not as spreadable as other gel moisturizers I’ve tried.
- Skin type. AXIS-Y recommends this cream for all skin types, but it will especially benefit sensitive skin, dry skin, as well as those dealing with uneven texture.
How to use this product in your skincare routine
I used this cream at the last stage of my skincare routine in the evening, and before sunscreen in the morning.
I would squeeze a small amount of product onto my hands (you can also apply directly on your face), then I spread that on my face and gently pat to help absorption.
On particularly cold days, I would layer the cream 2-3 times, depending on how dry my skin felt.
What I like about this product
- Absorbs fast. I like how fast this product sinks into the skin. Compared to other moisturizers, it absorbs relatively quickly.
- Gentle. It’s also very gentle. After almost a month of use, I didn’t experience any irritation or breakouts, and it works well with the other products in my skincare regimen too, like retinol, vitamin C and glycolic acid.
What I don’t like about it
- Sticky. It does feel sticky upon application. It absorbs fast but it feels really heavy on my skin before it fully sinks in.
- Not hydrating enough. And there were days when my skin would feel really tight and dry in the middle of the day (I have combination dry skin in the colder months) so I’ve had to re-apply.
Do I recommend AXIS-Y Heartleaf My Type Calming Cream
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 3 for me.
Once the temperature started dipping into the negative double digits, I had to stop using this moisturizer. It was just too lightweight for the kind of winters we have here, even when I had double layers of it on.
So it’s not in my routine at the moment. I had to switch to something thicker and heavier that would give me the kind of hydration my skin needs in the wintertime.
I’d definitely pick this up again in the summer though; I think it will be perfect for warmer days. I will update my rating then.
So if you live in a warmer climate, dealing with sensitive skin, or just looking for a lightweight moisturizer, this is a great product to consider. You can purchase it here.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried AXIS-Y Heartleaf My Type Calming Cream? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!