AXIS-Y Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen (SPF 50+ PA ++++) not only protects our skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, it’s also formulated with a wide range of beloved skincare ingredients like mugwort, niacinamide, squalene and calendula to provide the ultimate care and protection our skin needs.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by AXIS-Y Global but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Have you tried AXIS-Y products?
This Korean skincare brand is relatively new to the beauty and skincare market but they’ve come up with some really exciting and highly effective products like:
So to say that I was thrilled to receive their Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen in the mail is an understatement!
I knew it was one of their best-selling products and it’s been out of stock for a while (newsflash: it’s available again) so I wanted to see for myself what the hype is all about.
What does this sunscreen do?
We all know what sunscreens are for. However, this product does so much more than protect us from the sun’s harmful rays.
It also moisturizes, corrects dark spots, and helps improve uneven skin tone. And it can do all these things because its 2 main ingredients are mugwort and niacinamide.
Mugwort calms the skin, has vitamin E that helps the skin retain moisture, and is also a powerful antioxidant that stimulates collagen production.
Niacinamide, on the other hand, is known to improve the skin barrier, helping keep skin firm and healthy.
Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen ingredients
Like all AXIS-Y products, this sunscreen also benefits from their 6+1+1 formula, which means 6 nutrient-rich base ingredients, 1 core goal-oriented ingredient, and 1 quality-producing effective technology.
The 6 base ingredients are:
|Calendula||Has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin|
|Green Tea||Soothes irritated and inflamed skin|
|Squalane||Keeps skin young by fighting off free radicals|
|Grape||Forms a protective film on skin|
|Chamomile||Soothes skin sensitivities caused by sun exposure|
|Allantoin||Aids in the healing of skin, increases skin smoothness and fights premature aging|
Mugwort is its core ingredient, which is known to lower the heat of the skin and clears the blood to help skin elasticity and radiance.
Finally, it uses SYN-COLL, a unique peptide sequence that imitates the body’s collagen production and delivers anti-aging effects
The full ingredient list as of 19 Nov 2021 is below (source):
Water, Zinc Oxide, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Propanediol, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Caprylyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Disiloxane, Niacinamide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Artemisia Capillaris Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Juniperus Virginiana Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Water, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Tocopherol, Squalane, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
Other things to note about this sunscreen
- Packaging. This sunscreen comes in a 50-ml plastic tube with a screw-on cap and a precision applicator, which I really like.
- Smell. While this product is free of artificial fragrances, it’s not fragrance-free. However, we can’t say for certain what it is. I think it smells like coconuts, my partner thinks it smells like herbs. At the end of the day, we decided it’s not an unpleasant smell at all because whatever it is, it reminds us of the beach!
- Texture and Consistency. This is definitely the creamiest and smoothest sunscreen I’ve tried. It glides wonderfully on the skin and sinks in effortlessly. I do find I have to use more product than usual though.
- White cast. It does leave a white cast as all physical sunscreens do. However, it’s not as bad as other brands and disappears after several minutes.
- Skin type. AXIS-Y recommends this sunscreen for all skin types, but it would especially benefit acne-prone, oily and sensitive skin.
- Reef safe. This sunscreen does not contain the active ingredients oxybenzone and octinoxate, that contribute to mass bleaching of coral reefs.
- Certified and compliant. Most importantly, it complies with SPF 50+ European standards (considered high protection) and is dermatologist-tested. You can check out the full SPF report here.
How to use this product in your skincare routine
I use this sunscreen like other sunscreens, as the last step in my morning routine. I use it even when I’m staying indoors all day, or even on an overcast winter day.
I dot an appropriate amount of product all over my face and neck and use my fingers to gently spread.
What I like about this product
- Absorbs fast. I like how fast this product sinks into the skin. Compared to other sunscreens, it absorbs relatively quickly.
- Lightweight. It’s also super lightweight. It’s like you don’t even have it on. It’s not sticky, doesn’t pill, and goes on great over whatever skincare products I have underneath it.
- Creamy. And it’s one of the creamiest sunscreens I’ve tried. It’s such a joy to apply!
- Soft and smooth skin. Plus, my skin feels so soft and smooth after application. I don’t get that from other sunscreens.
- Gentle.It’s also very gentle. I’ve been using this product every day for almost 3 months and haven’t had any issues.
What I don’t like about it
There’s really nothing I don’t like about this product.
I usually prefer chemical sunscreens over physical ones (check this out – Physical vs Chemical Sunscreen: What is Right for You) because physical sunscreens normally break me out and I get horrible white cast.
But this sunscreen has been so gentle on my sensitive skin and I find that I can actually live with the subtle white cast it leaves.
Do I recommend AXIS-Y Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me.
I can understand now why this product has gained a cult following. From its creamy texture to its multiple skincare benefits, I think it really is the physical sunscreen to beat.
I’m personally most impressed by the white cast situation, which has been one of the things holding me back from using physical sunscreens. While it’s there (and I don’t think it can be helped), it doesn’t stick around.
The fact that my skin feels soft and smooth after application is a lovely bonus, too.
I’m about to run out of product soon and I will definitely repurchase. Check it out! You can buy it here.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried this sunscreen? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!