AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream is a 2-in-1 moisturizer that makes managing combination skin that much easier. With 2 unique creams formulated specifically for our T zone and U zone, it provides the perfect amount of hydration our skin needs.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by AXIS-Y Global but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
AXIS-Y is a relatively new player in the highly competitive k-beauty industry. What makes them stand out and absolutely unique is their focus on climate-based and climate-inspired skincare.
They acknowledge that climate, temperature, humidity, and other environmental stressors directly affect how our skin behaves. So their skincare line is especially formulated with these factors in mind.
I also love how their products contain ingredients I’ve never used in my skincare routine before, like liquorice and chamomile in their Sunday Morning Refreshing Cleansing Foam, yam root in their New Skin Resolution Gel Mask, and sugar cane and narrowleaf hawkweed in their Daily Purifying Treatment Toner.
They have so many products I want to try! Today, we’re looking at their Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream, the moisturizer all of us combination skin folks have been waiting for.
Let’s get to it.
What does this duo cream do
AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream contains two kinds of creams — one formulated for our T zone, or the part of our face that tends to get oilier, and another for our U zone, or parts of our face where extra hydration is usually needed, like the cheeks.
This is a great idea and product concept for combination skin.
Often, a moisturizer that works great for our T zone is too light for our U zone, or vice versa. Having a duo cream is certainly very convenient.
This doesn’t mean we can only use each kind of cream for specific parts of our face though. We can use either one for our whole face as necessary; for example, the lighter one in the summer and the richer one in the winter.
AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream ingredients
AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream doesn’t only moisturize. It’s a hardworking cream and contains powerhouse skincare ingredients that deliver other skincare benefits such as (source):
- Centella asiatica extract — helps fight premature aging
- Portulaca oleracea extract (purslane) — stimulates collagen production and defends against free radicals
- Sorghum bicolor leaf or stem extract (sorghum) — has a skin brightening effect
- Salvia officinalis extract (sage) — soothes skin irritation and defends skin against fungi and bacteria
- Allantoin — aids in skin healing
T Zone Cream
The complete ingredient list for the T zone cream is below:
Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Betaine, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sorghum Bicolor Leaf/Stem Extract, Aspergillus Ferment, Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Guaiazulene
U Zone Cream
While the U zone cream contains the following:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isohexadecane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Sorbitol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Candelilla Cera, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sorghum Bicolor Leaf/Stem Extract, Aspergillus Ferment, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin
Other things to note about AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream
- Packaging. This moisturizer comes in a 60-ml tub that’s divided into 2 sections — one for the T zone cream and one for the U zone cream. It comes with a spatula that fits nicely on the cap, so there’s less chance of losing it.
- Colour. The T zone cream has a naturally blue hue from guaiazulene, while the U zone cream is white. They both apply clear.
- Smell. Both creams are fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. The T zone cream has a consistency closer to gel. It’s lighter and runnier than the U zone cream, which is thicker and richer. Both creams are very spreadable and absorb well.
- Skin type. While I think this cream would benefit combination skin the most, it would also work well for dry skin and oily skin. You’ll just need to switch things up depending on your changing moisturizing needs.
- Vegan. Happy to report that this product is vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, contains no artificial fragrances and artificial colours.
How to use Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream
I used this cream as the last step of my skin care routine at night, and before sunscreen in the morning.
To start, I used it as recommended i.e. gel for my T zone and cream for my U zone. Then I tried using just the gel or just the cream for my whole face.
When applying moisturizer, I usually dab pea-sized amounts of product on different parts of my face, then spread. This isn’t ideal for this cream though because I ended up mixing the creams together.
So I scooped one kind of cream first, applied that, then moved on to the other.
What I like about this product
- Spreadable. This cream is very spreadable. It’s very easy to put on too much so see what amount works for you. What’s for sure is a tub will last a relatively long time.
- Lightweight. It’s also ultra lightweight, even the “heavier” U zone cream. It absorbs fairly quickly and leaves no sticky feeling after.
- Fragrance-free. I also appreciate that it’s fragrance-free. I’m a firm believer that skincare products don’t need added fragrance to work.
What I don’t like about it
- Packaging. While I love the aesthetic, I don’t love that the two creams tend to get mixed up in the tub, which kind of defeats the purpose. Having two separate caps or lids might have been better at keeping them separate.
- Not very hydrating. I also found the duo cream not very hydrating, used at night or in the morning. My face felt tight and dry after just a few hours, even if I just used the heavier U cream. Note that it’s springtime in Canada while I’m writing this. And although I usually switch to lighter moisturizers at this time of the year, this just wasn’t hydrating enough for my needs.
- Slight irritation. I also noticed whiteheads developing on my chin and around my mouth where I used the U cream most often. Sadly, while it doesn’t deliver enough long lasting hydration for me, it started clogging my pores anyway (I have sensitive skin).
Do I recommend AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream
In a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 2 for me.
I had such high hopes for this cream.
I have combination skin, it’s extra challenging when the seasons change, so I really wanted this to work. Unfortunately, I developed whiteheads and didn’t get the hydration I needed.
Not to say it’s a bad product. It’s just not the right product for me at this time.
I like the T zone cream and I’d probably use it again when the seasons switch from spring to summer so I’ll update my rating then. But this will stay in my drawer for now.
If you live in a hotter or more humid climate, this duo cream might just be the thing you’re looking for. It certainly makes managing combination skin so much easier.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting! Practice good skincare habits always.
Have you tried AXIS-Y Cera-Heart My Type Duo Cream? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!