AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner is a moisture-boosting daily toner packed with 10-hyaluronic acid and six premium natural ingredients that deliver maximum hydration for clear, refreshed and radiant skin.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by AXIS-Y Global but all photos, words and opinions are mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
AXIS-Y is known for their climate-inspired products.
They know that the climate and other environmental stressors can wreak havoc on our skin, causing skin to be dull, dehydrated and extra sensitive.
Recently, they launched three new ultra hydrating skincare products with their Water Your Skin campaign: a toner, an ampoule and a cream.
Since we’re in the middle of winter here, I must say I am very excited to be doing a series of reviews for their new products because I need all the skin hydrating help I can get!
First up is their Aqua Boosting Essence Toner.
Formulated with 10-hyaluronic acid and 6 nutrient-rich base natural ingredients, this toner hydrates, locks in moisture, and reaches 10 layers deep into our skin.
Wow, right? Let’s see if it delivers.
AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner ingredients
This toner is part of the brand’s flagship 6+1+1 series — 6 nutrient-rich base ingredients, 1 core goal-oriented ingredient, and 1 quality-producing effective technology.
In this case, the 6 base ingredients are:
|Allantoin||Stimulates cell reproduction and encourages new tissue growth|
|Centella Asiatica||Boosts skin’s natural healing process and assists in wound healing|
|Heartleaf||Soothes irritated skin and helps skin’s immunity|
|Squalane||Has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe painful irritation|
|Green Tea||Calms and refreshes|
|Mugwort||Improves skin tone for healthy, glowing skin|
This product’s core ingredient is hyaluronic acid, which helps skin retain moisture and build up cell wall density for tighter and smaller looking pores
Oligo-Hyaluronic (OLIGO-HA) technology completes their 6+1+1 formula. OLIGO-HA reduces the size of hyaluronic acid molecules so they can penetrate our skin better, helping to improve skin elasticity and wrinkles by stem cell activation.
The full ingredient list is below (source):
Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethyl Sulfone, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Arginine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Beta-Glucan, Panthenol, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Extract, Lactobionic Acid, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Artemisia Capillaris Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Madecassoside, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hyaluronate, Sodium Phytate, Ethylhexylglycerin
Other things to note about this boosting daily toner
- Packaging. This comes in a 150-ml bottle. Just the right size to fit in your drawer, not too big for your bathroom counter either.
- Smell. The toner is fragrance-free.
- Texture and Consistency. And while it’s thicker and more viscous than other toners and essences I’ve tried, it’s very spreadable, absorbs relatively quickly, and feels lightweight on the skin.
- Skin type. AXIS-Y recommends this for all skin types (I’m a combination-dry in the winter and leaning towards combination-oily in the summer).
- Others. According to AXIS-Y, this product can be used all year and all seasons, is alcohol-free, and is cruelty-free (PETA-certified).
How to use this product in your skincare routine
I use this product in the morning and evening.
After cleansing, while my skin is still a little damp, I place 3-4 drops of toner on my palms then apply to my face and neck by gently patting until absorbed.
I then proceed with the rest of my skincare regimen. Since this can be considered a toner and an essence, I skip the essence and go straight to serums.
What I like about this essence toner
- Quick to absorb. I love how this toner sinks into skin so quickly. Perfect if you’re in a hurry. And great to use under make-up.
- Lightweight but hydrating. It’s also so lightweight. And it’s surprising to me because it’s very hydrating. I usually switch to my heavy-hitters in the colder months but this toner is wonderfully hydrating without ever feeling heavy or greasy on my skin. And it lasts all day.
- Soft and smooth skin. My skin not only feels properly moisturized, it also feels so soft, smooth and supple. And after more than a month of using it twice a day everyday, I’ve noticed an improvement in my overall complexion and skin texture too — clearer, brighter and healthier.
- Gentle. I haven’t experienced any kind of irritation with this toner. And I’ve used it with all kinds of serums and active ingredients, from vitamin C to retinol. It fits in nicely in my routine.
What I don’t like about it
There really is nothing that I don’t like about this toner. It does what a toner is supposed to do, and more.
Do I recommend AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner
On a rating scale of 1 to 5 — 5 being awesome — this product is a 5 for me.
I absolutely recommend AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner. It has been a lifesaver for me, especially now that it’s winter and the weather has been brutal.
I think it would be great to use in the warmer months, too, because it’s so lightweight and gentle on skin.
This is definitely giving my favourite toner a run for its money.
You can buy the AXIS-Y hydrating toner here.
As always, remember that every person’s skin and skin type is different so what might work for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
So before trying a new product, it pays to do a little bit of research first. Pay special attention to ingredients that you might have a reaction to.
And doing a patch-test is always a good idea. Unsure? Best to consult your dermatologist.
Happy skin experimenting!
Have you tried AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner? Did it work for you? Will you recommend it? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below!
And let’s get social — follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook where we can get a little bit more personal and talk about skincare in real time.
4 thoughts on “AXIS-Y Aqua Boosting Essence Toner Review”
Hi, I have super dry skin year round and am thinking about trying this. Eventually something has to work, right?
Hi Melissa, yes and you can try this with their Aqua Boosting Ampoule as well 🙂
This product looks promising. I would definitely try this out.
Hope you do! I really love the results 🙂